Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I got 3 new people into mountain biking. First one was my mom, who decided to get a bike today. Next was my dad who bought a brand new trek. Then was my cousin who got a new hardrock sport womens. They all love their bikes and love riding. We went on a nice 4 mile ride today and they all liked it a lot. I also rode with mtbmel today. Here are some pics.

It feels really good to pass on the love of mountain biking to others.

mtbmel on the trail

me and mtbmel after the ride

Dad's new trek 4500

Dad's New RACK :p

My mom and mtbmel on the trail

Trail

This is why you don't kill a bottle of Jack Daniels the night before, and then eat burger king 5 minutes before the ride....

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
I like d first pic--it begs a caption--something is def on her mind. lol.
Kudos on promoting the sport-- (and it just occurred to me it would be interesting to learn how the word kudos came about--so I guess it's google time).

Speaking of burgers--I think I've consumed 20 or more in the past 2 weeks--I definately need to thin down from 215 or so---just I have no willpower.

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Man, I thought this was going to be a rant about getting injured too much and moving on. Took me a minute to figure out what you meant! Way to go with the fam, and thanks for the puke shot... I'm sure Dad felt alot better afterwards, but I don't feel so good now.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Your dad is definitely a noob. We regularily kill several bottles of taquila before our big Epic the next morning. ....Just kidding. (about him being a noob--we really do kill bottles of taquila before big rides) Thanks for the post...good stuff and good story...hope they keep it up. Tell them they will be hucking 4 footers in no time.

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is the gravel trail at New Hogan Reservoir in Valley Springs, CA. Great perfect ride for the family, and it is a 4 mile there and back, then you can wrap around the road to the other dirt road (doubletrack) for another 1.6 out and back, makes a total of 6 miles of nice mellow riding.

As for the dirt lids, definately need to get them some!

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
nice job on the puke time series...that's award winning photography! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.