Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well while my 07 AM SL1 is out at Marz getting fixed "hopfully this time" I'm left grounded slap in the middle of riding season. I have an 05 "All Mnt1" that leaks ar. I found that the leak was coming from the footnut at the bottom of the TST leg. Upon closer inspection it appears that the "threaded part" of the TST cart which attaches to the footnut of the lowers is lodged in the bolt/footnut. As in that part is broken off, but only the threaded part (like it slide off) everything else being intact. I noticed that the bottom end of the TST will screw off "that rod". Does anyone know if one can order just that bottom end part of the TST cart?

I tried calling Zoke thursday and frday, but I couldn't get through. I'll try again on monday, but, in the mean time I was just trying to get a little hope?.... This ones prob a long shot though... Thanks!

· "El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
blackagness said:
Well while my 07 AM SL1 is out at Marz getting fixed "hopfully this time" I'm left grounded slap in the middle of riding season. I have an 05 "All Mnt1" that leaks ar. I found that the leak was coming from the footnut at the bottom of the TST leg. Upon closer inspection it appears that the "threaded part" of the TST cart which attaches to the footnut of the lowers is lodged in the bolt/footnut. As in that part is broken off, but only the threaded part (like it slide off) everything else being intact. I noticed that the bottom end of the TST will screw off "that rod". Does anyone know if one can order just that bottom end part of the TST cart?

I tried calling Zoke thursday and frday, but I couldn't get through. I'll try again on monday, but, in the mean time I was just trying to get a little hope?.... This ones prob a long shot though... Thanks!
Most probably not... they don't list parts for their cartridges...

I hope you can find one, though. They gotta have one laying around on another damaged cart.

Let me find out with my buddy who lent me the HSCV if he needs it back anytime soon... if not, you can borrow my TST cart while you find a replacement.

Shipping will not be fast, though... I'll try to hook you up.

6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warp Your The Best....

Warp said:
Most probably not... they don't list parts for their cartridges...

I hope you can find one, though. They gotta have one laying around on another damaged cart.

Let me find out with my buddy who lent me the HSCV if he needs it back anytime soon... if not, you can borrow my TST cart while you find a replacement.

Shipping will not be fast, though... I'll try to hook you up.
But a couple things... Ok, I kinda "half tried" already I got desperate and before I sent in the 07 SL I tried to remove the one off of it. I'm confident I could have done so, but without tearing it up? (hard to say)?.... Mabye this would be the perfect oppertunity to order the HSCV cart from whom you recomended I try on the other board?

· "El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
blackagness said:
But a couple things... Ok, I kinda "half tried" already I got desperate and before I sent in the 07 SL I tried to remove the one off of it. I'm confident I could have done so, but without tearing it up? (hard to say)?.... Mabye this would be the perfect oppertunity to order the HSCV cart from whom you recomended I try on the other board?
I had to pull the cartridge's head (from the top cap, like if I'd wanted to pull it off the leg) while unthreading the foot nut. Otherwise the shaft spins and you can't remove the thing. You just end up with a loosen foot nut that will leak and will not tighten.

Just be careful... you'll feel when you're in the last thread. Pull gently, but firmly. Not like if you'd want to rip the cart off.

Am I following??

In the same way... when you put it in, start the footnut on the shaft.
Go as far as you'd go without the shaft spinning. Do it with the lowers into the uppers so you can see the lower shaft.
When it starts spinning, raise the uppers and thread the top cap in. Put some pressure in the leg and now finish the foot nut. Just tight, not dead tight. If you over do it, you'll have troubles undoing the foot nut next time you need to put the fork apart.

6,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jessie!

Perfect! Just what I probibly needed I'm sure! I'll also have a few Q's for you when ever I get my AM1 SL back. ;)

You too Smike that site is Awesome... come in very handy indeed. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.