Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I managed to get my hands on a 2001 GT I-drive Team frame, its brand new. Now looking to build the bike up. Really would appreciate feedback from I-drive owners or other experts. : )

Question:

Front Dee:

What kind of Front Dee does the frame use? Does it need an e-type or a seatpost based one would work? I am looking at a Bottom pull one right?

BB:

I am using an splined XT Hollowtech I Shimano 03 Crankset, what is the BB length that I need? Is 68 / 113 ES-70 suitable or do I need a longer one?

Really grateful for any input. Thanks again.

John

·
Registered
61 Posts
you want a bottom pull (or dual pull) 31.8 top swing. Jenson has the XT 750 for $20. They also have the XT 760 for $34 that is dual pull and multiclamp. I put the 750 on my I drive and it worked out great.

I would get the 113 but are you sure that frame is a 68? My 2001 I drive is a 73. I'm actually using a square taper 73x110 on my 2001 I drive because I'm using some old LX cranks I had. I also just bought this one NOS. Did you get your frame on ebay because I was bidding on the exact same frame just recently.

kohjohnsg said:
Hi Guys,

I managed to get my hands on a 2001 GT I-drive Team frame, its brand new. Now looking to build the bike up. Really would appreciate feedback from I-drive owners or other experts. : )

Question:

Front Dee:

What kind of Front Dee does the frame use? Does it need an e-type or a seatpost based one would work? I am looking at a Bottom pull one right?

BB:

I am using an splined XT Hollowtech I Shimano 03 Crankset, what is the BB length that I need? Is 68 / 113 ES-70 suitable or do I need a longer one?

Really grateful for any input. Thanks again.

John

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
I can't say that bike is really all that vintage...or retro.

I'd try the GT forum as I'm sure they'd have any additional info you might need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts