Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Lookin for that extra can
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is with a touch of the red, white, and blue.
I have a set of wheels on order that will further the red touches. Now to start dialing in that 6" of suspension.

The six pack with a six pack

Heading out to the deck to enjoy a brew

No sh!tmano for me... SRAM and RaceFace all the way

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, old chub; 8% alchohol in a can. I toast to your new six pack. Looks real nice!
Go get her dirty!

edit; your personal info says you're here in the denver area, and like the sourdough trail. Good trail! I live in Nederland, work in boulder. We should hook up for a ride sometime.

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
May it bring you as many grins as mine has brought me :D

For the record, how tall are you & what size stem is that? I'm keeping tabs. Be sure to post ride impressions.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Yawn!!! another boring white pack.

:p ;) :p
j/k Looks nice and with weather as good as it looked in the pictures, why weren't they taken trail side?

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
SSINGA said:
:p ;) :p
j/k Looks nice and with weather as good as it looked in the pictures, why weren't they taken trail side?
So SSINGA, where's your [ still don't have it yet] custom colored six pack? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think you owe me a beer

As I was the first one to post a 6-pack with a 6-pack. OK, maybe I didn't patent the idea, so maybe we should split one?

Nice bike, got 2 questions for ya.

1. How do you like the bar, and are you worried about failure on the bigger stuff?

2. What did you use for spacers on the crank, 1 1mm on each side?

BL

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Don't see the RP3 in those pics. Come-on people. I gotta have some packs to look at since mine is apparently being shipped via carrier pigeon!

·
Registered
403 Posts
SSINGA said:
Don't see the RP3 in those pics. Come-on people. I gotta have some packs to look at since mine is apparently being shipped via carrier pigeon!
I think he was directing you to the pick of a 6-pack with a 6-pack. I don't have a digital camera at the moment (long story) but if I find one I like this weekend, I'll post some pics of the pack with it's latest goodies (including the RP3).

BL

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BikeLust said:
As I was the first one to post a 6-pack with a 6-pack. OK, maybe I didn't patent the idea, so maybe we should split one?

Nice bike, got 2 questions for ya.

1. How do you like the bar, and are you worried about failure on the bigger stuff?

2. What did you use for spacers on the crank, 1 1mm on each side?

BL
Sure... which one you want? Dales Pale Ale or an Old Chub? A hardwood floor pic seems to be a requirement too :p

1. I've been riding that bar on my older bike and I'm pretty confident it isn't going to break. They spec the MX-6 for Freeride and DH.

2. Yeah, I set it up for a 49mm chainline (1mm each side). So far its pretty good, but I'll let the components settle in before tweaking further.

--rip

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
May it bring you as many grins as mine has brought me :D

For the record, how tall are you & what size stem is that? I'm keeping tabs. Be sure to post ride impressions.
Thanks man! You get your very own Pushed 36 yet or still "testing" the prototype?

For your records, the stem is a 80mm with 6 degree rise, and I'm 6' tall. It is just a starting point. I'll post more after a decent ride or two...

-rip

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
6' tall on a medium? Lordy. Definitely let us know what you think about the fit and what type of riding it's for (mostly). Congrats too.

·
Registered
403 Posts
tscheezy said:
6' tall on a medium? Lordy. Definitely let us know what you think about the fit and what type of riding it's for (mostly). Congrats too.
Beat me to the post. I'm 6' and can't imagine being on anything smaller than the Lg. I noticed that post was way out of the frame, so I guess it gives you more clearance when going big. Nice pics by the way, and I'll take a Chub!

BL

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
ripv77 said:
Thanks man! You get your very own Pushed 36 yet or still "testing" the prototype?

For your records, the stem is a 80mm with 6 degree rise, and I'm 6' tall. It is just a starting point. I'll post more after a decent ride or two...

-rip
Still "testing." The PUSH gang rolls into town permanently next week and I'll continue to "test" until Darren prys it from my cold dead fingers.

I would like to try a 80mm stem with minimal rise but Thomson doesn't offer one. Thus far I prefer the 70 but I'll likely go back to 90 to recompare.

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tscheezy said:
Yeah... I think I'm a 6' freak :p Seriously, I think I have a long neck because several different bike fit calculators refered to a medium frame size (17" center to top and 27" top-tube + stem) So, I rode a buddy's medium heckler (great bike!) and really liked the feel of the smaller frame. I'm still several rides away from getting things dialed in, but first ride impressions are that it is going to be a great fit.

The bulk of my riding is around the Front Range of Colorado. This means lots of climbing right out of the parking lot and lots of fun rocky downhill. Throw in a few Moab trips and several Fruita trips every year and that should give you a good idea what I'm up to.

--rip

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Where on the FR?
I'm in Loveland.
Live in Westminster work in Boulder. We should get a ride together sometime!

Question on your Atlas crank: Did you (or Larry) set it up for the 49mm chainline? That is how mine is set right now and my first ride treated me to some nasty chain suck when dropping from middle to little ring.

--rip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts