Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever hike Parsons Springs Trail - Sycamore Canyon? Thinking it would be a great summer thing w kids.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
as long as you treat it as an OnB, you will be fine with the girls. The farther you go in, the more raw it get's. It's been several years for me, but memory tells me it's like a lot of the superstition hikes which follow along in washes.....which means that it can be overland for a while depending on what the floods have done to it. Having said that...it's up drainage hiking, followed by down drainage hiking....so you're equipped and your gals are good enough in the head to have fun with it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It's a relatively easy trail with no significant elevation gain/loss. Beautiful scenery with red rock cliffs, many pools of water, and lots of shade. It's been 10 years or so since I've been in there, but I never saw more than a few other groups even on weekends. Once you get past the largest pool, a great swimming spot, the trail gets a bit rougher and I recall a few ledges where you might have to help younger kids scramble up or down. Ive been in about 4 miles one way, and I would call it a great family hike for somewhat athletic kids over six years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.