Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
I get a great deal of satisfaction out of building my own bikes. I also build my own wheels as well. The final product is of a much higher quality than what you buy off the shelf.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Parkwood has had a few changes. Still running the 150 fork.
Love this bike.

How does it feel at 150mm? How's the climbing? I'm guessing it's a monster on the downhills.

I'm thinking of maybe a fox 36 at 150 or a 34 at 140. Or the equivalent rockshox maybe a yari?

·
Registered
74 Posts
How does it feel at 150mm? How's the climbing? I'm guessing it's a monster on the downhills.

I'm thinking of maybe a fox 36 at 150 or a 34 at 140. Or the equivalent rockshox maybe a yari?

Sorry just seen this now.
Climbs no problem. Just get forward on the seat a bit, weight the front and off you go - but that technique applies to any bike.
It's a fun bike on the downs for sure, and generally an all round riot to ride. Still loving it a year down the line.

·
DFMBA.org
1,872 Posts
Can anyone list some LARGE build weights? I'm contemplating a XC-ish full 1X XT build with some DT Swiss XM401 wheels, 2.4 Chunky front and a Trail Boss 2.25 in the back. Niner RDO seatpost for some give. I'm 6'1", 32" inseam; can anyone ballpark a stem length suggestion with 740 bars and a straight seatpost?

·
Land of the 230+
2,552 Posts
Just curious, has anyone sourced a replacement rear derailleur hanger frome somewhere other than on-one directly? They want $25 for the part, and $60 to ship it. And that's if it ever comes back in stock. Luckily I've been able to straighten mine a couple of times, but each time its a little weaker.
Just in case someone else needs a derailleur hanger for the parkwood, I finally found an inexpensive hanger from china that fits. It's model 32 on this seller's listing, but the number doesnt seem to carry over to other vendors. Anyway, I picked up a handful after finding the first one was a perfect fit.

Alloy Mountain Bike Rear Derailleur Hanger Dropout More Styles with Screws New | eBay - Model 32

·
Registered
485 Posts

Finished putting mine together using mostly parts off a cracked frame. Did go ahead and go XT 1x11 while I was at it. Most likely won't get to play with it till the weekend.

and yes I fixed the seat angle :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone else have bottom bracket shell thread issues? I was installing the bottom bracket to the frame and it locked up half way in. I started it by hand, then I used a park bottom bracket tool. When it locked up, I backed the BB cups out, and the threads in the bottom bracket shell became trashed.
Since I was able to screw them on by hand, I know I did not cross thread the cups. I think the threads in the Shell were not finished properly.
I took the frame to a bike shop, and the mechanic said the treads seemed to be "too small" Said the tap was tight in the shell and he was afraid the shell would crack. I sent Planet X an e-mail with pics, so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I must say onones quality control leaves something to be desired. We ordered an inbred frame that arrived with dodgy graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just finished my build. Got the frame on sale from planet X. My friend bought the Fatty Trail and we split the shipping which made it a great deal.

Used mostly parts bin parts: Reba set at 120, raceface ride crank bars, stem and post, shimano hydros. Definitely some clashing colors on this thing, will have to work on that.

Cant wait to get this on the trail tomorrow and see how it goes!

Attachments

221 - 240 of 257 Posts