Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
J:
5,128 Posts
A lot of people need the longer seat tube fit, 18" and up. More overlap at the head tube is always a good thing, I like the TT.. when is this thing due?

·
Just Ride!
1,251 Posts
it's the replacement for the Scandal
If so, that's a shame to see the Scandal go away. I know that there is a market for more slack 29ers, so props to On-One for filling the niche. Perhaps I will have to ride this style of bike first, but I was hoping for a Scandal/Inbred geometry bike with a much better swapout system and possibly a split for belt capabilities.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was hoping for a Scandal/Inbred geometry bike with a much better swapout system
The swap out system they've been using looks OK, IMHO. It's not that much different in execution to the one Surly have just adopted.

I think a Inbred with a 44mm HT is a bigger priority than belt drives, but as this is a company that appears to operate at the whim of He Who Appears When Named Three Times On A Thread On STW, you never know...

·
Just Ride!
1,251 Posts
The swap out system they've been using looks OK, IMHO.
Looks can be deceiving as real world execution is entirely different! Quite a few people had to undertake a whole lot of hand grinding to relieve the brake side horizontal drop out to make it even fit the frame it was designed for. Then if you run a very tall gear, you will put out a lot of torque and have to run a pair of add-on tensioners to keep the wheel from slipping sideways on hard climbs. Anyway, sorry to derail the Parkwood discussion...

·
J:
5,128 Posts
Parkwood?

Second the HT comment, 65 like the 450b rides the way I prefer.. honestly only have one small gripe on that one. Great frame

·
B.Ike
1,205 Posts
anybody "in the know" know if/when frames might be available. The green looks really nice, (the yellow wasn't working for me}. want want want

·
Registered
2,841 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
the details table of the parkwood says: 'Integrated tapered headset for a clean, low front end'
does that mean that this frame will need drop-in style integrated headset or is it only a misspelling and semi-integrated headset will be used?

1 - 20 of 257 Posts