Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to go to the indoor skate park by me to use the foam pit to try some triks. Just wondering what kind of reaction some of u get from the other ppl there. Its not gona keep me from going im just curiouse.

Thanks

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
Don't let other intimadate you if thats what you're worried about. Sometimes people forget they were not as good as everyone else once and try to pull the "poser" vibe but fock em, riding is fun, and it shouldn't matter how good or bad someone is.
I've never personally been to a park, but the local DH spot around here is a popular place so I'm used to riding w/ other people. Some of them are *******s, some of them are incredibly nice people.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
Remember when you nailed that sk8er punk and he got blood all over your bike? Haha, good times. Or knocking that rollerblader down doing whips over the box because he wouldn't get out of the way?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
no matter what park i go to usually, i get looks from people probably thinking "hey thats a mountain bike....what the fyck...he can't do that" many of them are cool though. i don't give anyone else sh!t for what they do so i expect them to do the same for me. if they give you a hard time, just shows how insignificant they are. it is fun to get along with everyone and kind of feed off of each other

·
Only One Way
287 Posts
A little but who cares

I get it a lot, not only am I on MTB but I am 35 also so I get the WTF are you doing here look, If any of them say anything to me, I just say something back..

This weekend there was some youngster skater that kept coming up the quarter pipe straight at me and kicking his board at me, then catching it right before it would hit me or my bike, then he would just stand there staring at me with his scary look till everyone started laughing,

So third time I caught his board and asked him if he had a problem, this time everyone laughed at him.. and he left me alone the rest of the day..

Moral to the story.. some will say something most will not, and the ones that do will usually leave you alone if you do not let them intimidate you, and you have to play by the park rules.. No snaking, no hogging, and giving props to the cool tricks you see.. Oh yea and bust out some moves of your own..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
standard235 said:
Remember when you nailed that sk8er punk and he got blood all over your bike? Haha, good times. Or knocking that rollerblader down doing whips over the box because he wouldn't get out of the way?
Or when that blader happens to be a rather strong 270 lb. person who is pissed off because someone just ruined their line. Thats when I would get up a walk off crying because noone likes bladers :mad: . But stuff like that it is fun :D . At my local free park with no security some eh "bad ass smoking 12 yearolds" started throwing chips and spitting at my mom because she was rippin it up on inlines, little did they know that my mom is friends with all my friends and all of the other 25 people there just happened to be my friends:D (I think you see where this is going). They ended up with a circle of 20+ guys with bikes and boards in hand walking towards them. They ended up giving my mom a teary apology and running away. Good times.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the park in my town i get too much crap to go there, but it doesn't matter cause it is impossible on a bike. but in indianapolis at the public skate park it is designed really well for bikes and everyone else has to watch out for the bikers, becase they'll push around anyone on a board or blades.

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,664 Posts
karpiel666 said:
Or when that blader happens to be a rather strong 270 lb. person who is pissed off because someone just ruined their line. Thats when I would get up a walk off crying because noone likes bladers :mad: . But stuff like that it is fun :D . At my local free park with no security some eh "bad ass smoking 12 yearolds" started throwing chips and spitting at my mom because she was rippin it up on inlines, little did they know that my mom is friends with all my friends and all of the other 25 people there just happened to be my friends:D (I think you see where this is going). They ended up with a circle of 20+ guys with bikes and boards in hand walking towards them. They ended up giving my mom a teary apology and running away. Good times.
so what you're trying to tell me that your mom is a fr00t b00ter?

·
Registered
297 Posts
standard235 said:
yea that kid was a ***** anyways..i hate skateboarders...and i didnt hit a kid on skates, it was those d*mn heelies..or w/e theyre called

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got some strange looks and still do whenever I meet someone new to the park but I kept at it and followed proper etiquette. I was even allowed to compete in a hoffman CFB comp they held here. Oh yeah, the fact that I am 39 adds to the looks.

Go shred

·
stupid fresh!!
810 Posts
i dont really hit up the skate park
but i do get the ppl that think their hella cool and try and stare you down then i just dont let them scare me and stare back
just make sure they dont have a car to chase u with though :D

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
I was a skater LONG before I even looked at a MTB, and I'll tell ya what; bikes in the park are a big hassle. Bikes are much faster, cover way more ground in a single run, and hurt like hell to get hit by. I'm a firm beleaver in segragation when it comes to skate parks. The skaters should have their own time, the bikers should have theirs, and the fruit booters can pick up what's left.... but that's just me.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The powers that be try segragation around here, but the skaters always show up during bike times. We don't care, we let them skate and they return the favor by not giving us crap at the no bikes allow ever parks. Everyone just pays attention, appoligizes when they cut somebody elses line by accident, and makes sure the other is OK after a collision.

P.S. I like putting the 14 year old skate Nazis in there place. It's fun to tell a "No Bikes", faux-hawk wearing kid that I've been riding skateparks since before his mom and dad even thought about having an illigitimate child.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.