Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a 2008 Jamis Parker frame and I have a Race Face evolve DH 24/36/bash crankset to install. I need to set the spacers for the appropriate chain line. The options for the crankset are 48, 49, and 50mm. Which is the best setting for the Parker?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fat_Boy,
Out of curiosity, what are your plans for your parker build. I have my frame set sitting, waiting for parts. I have been looking at that same raceface crankset and I just ordered a pike 454 yesterday. I'm thinking Sram x.9 and maybe code brakes but thats as far as I've gotten.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My build is pretty much done. I have done about 4 hours of urban riding on it so far. Very fun bike by the way. I love the geometry. I transfered all the parts from my gary fisher wahoo that i had been upgrading. All i need now is a stem and handle bars. I am currently using the handle bars and stem from my wahoo, but would like to go with a shorter stem and wider bars with more rise. Keep in mind this wasn't the most thought out build. I bought my wahoo used and upgraded it from good deals on used parts and closeout deals. My parts list so far:

2008 Parker I frame
RS Recon 351 U-turn
RF evolve DH crank
Sun Sos/Disc Jockey Am Wheelset
XTR shifters/Brake leavers
XT RD/Hone FD
Avid BB7 brakes
Odi rogue grips
Shimano HG40 8-speed cassette
WTB Speed V seat
Kenda K-rad tires

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey guys! I would love to hear how you are all building up your Parkers and how you use them. Are most of you using them as All MTn bikes / trail bikes? Or building them up us as urban/ jump bikes?

Skip

·
Registered
61 Posts
Skip,
I went with the parker because almost every review I read had great things to say about how fun it was to ride and how versatile it is. I was looking for a bike that could handle a wide variety of trail types. I do mostly trail riding but would like to start playing with some pump tracks and small dirt jumps. I wanted something that could take that kind of abuse. I am close to highland mountain freeride park in NH and the parker should be able to take some of those trails too. (I won't ride hard enough to warrant a dedicated FR bike). I guess in short I would call this an aggressive AM build. I ride a Jamis hardtail right now and I'd like to get a fs 29'r (lightweight build) for trails, so the Parker should be a good in between fun bike that can take some abuse.

I have the frame ('08) and a Pike 454 on the way. Current thoughts are-

Sram X.9 R derailer
Sram X.9 shifters
Shimano XT f derailer
Avid codes 185mm front and rear
Raceface Evolve DH crankset 22-32-bash
E-13 DRS chain retention system
Deity dirty-30 handlebars
Transition wheelset

everything else undecided. Any thoughts on this setup?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, FAT BOY is that a large frame? OR does anyone have pictures of the Large Parker? I'm thinking about buying a 2008 Parker 1.0 frame within the next few weeks and just transferring everything from my 2005 Jamis Komodo.

I have
2005 Jamis Komodo w/ stock parts except for
Rockshox recon 351 w/lockout
Avid Juicy 3's w/ 7" rotors
IRC trailbear 2.25
Yeti ODI grips

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.