Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mykhelle had made me aware of this program in some of his posts. I submitted an application a few months back, and the orientation\training is coming up in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else was interested, but (parroting mykhelle and many many others here) I can't see any downside to mtb'rs getting involved. I'm a slacker with trail work, so felt this was a good way for me to contribute. PM me if you want more details.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Park needs YOU

Thanks parnder....

Just heard from the Park Director and the city is under the gun like never before to cut budgets. Volunteerism is the best way the park can stretch its budget.

The tree chopping thing was psoted out to the Stewards a few weeks ago. I did not see any action at the time I forwarded it but it is just hte type of thing we can do to help.

Another BIG benefit is you can ride your bike in a nice yellow jersey and be covered by CITY INSURANCE while you ride. Just call in/check out and email a simple report of what you saw/did etc to PJ.

It is way worth it. I figure most of us spend more than 60 hours a year on City Park trails and that is the only big commitment.

I wish there was something similar here in NorCal. Guess I'll have to become an IMBA Trail Ambassador.....

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
chollaball said:
mykhelle had made me aware of this program in some of his posts. I submitted an application a few months back, and the orientation\training is coming up in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else was interested, but (parroting mykhelle and many many others here) I can't see any downside to mtb'rs getting involved. I'm a slacker with trail work, so felt this was a good way for me to contribute. PM me if you want more details.
It's about time dude....welcome. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.