Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Thinking of a trip to Park City in July. Is the DH shuttle scene worth it? Compare to Mammoth or Whister.

If so, what mountain has the DH (so I can stay at the base). Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Deer Valley is one of the better places for DH. It has the world cup course on it and the like. I live up here in Park City and I love Deer Valley. Park City Mountain Resort isn't bad either but last year they seemed to have some problems with trail maintence. We will see what happens this year but if you plan on coming up Stay at teh Deer Valley resort base and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
For DH there is no other place in North American that comes close to what Whistler has to offer. I'm sure I've ridden Deer Valley over a 100 days and to me it is fun, but for riders who've been to Whistler they find DV fairly lame. Don't get me wrong there are tough trails, but they don't have the smooth flowy style of Whistler. As for Mammoth, yes it to is much better than DV.

Now if you are moving to SLC, UT there are a lot of epic shuttles to ride throughout the Salt Lake Valley, but you won't find them just visiting for a few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.