Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
The stuff at the resorts (PC, DV and the Canyons) will not be rideable. Come hell or highwater they will be blowing snow as much as humanly possible. Depending on weather you may be able to ride round valley or stuff in glenwild. Sometimes we are in a freeze/thaw cycle and if you get up early while still frozen you can get some good riding in. If you are in PC over thanksgiving and looking to ride I would recommend heading over to high star ranch in Kamas, about 20 minutes from Park City with really fun trails. You will enjoy riding there much more than round valley in my opinion.

If we get a bunch of early snow and they have some trails groomed you could rent a fat bike from white pine and pedal some snow singletrack! Much more fun than you would expect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A few years ago during a brutally dry November that had the Utah ski resorts scrambling whether or not they would be opening thanksgiving weekend, I rode the day after thanksgiving on bone dry Glennwild/Stealth trails, as I reached a high point I looked to the west and saw the heavy dark clouds of the foretasted storm that everybody was looking forward to. The next day I skied 18" of new snow at Snowbird. So its a crap shoot as to what would be ride-able, but odds are slim that you would find very much to ride. As mentioned Round Valley trails might be ride-able.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Depending on the weather leading up to your trip, there may still be some good MTB options in the valley if PC doesn't pan out. Things usually get dicey right around Thanksgiving, so it just depends on whether it's been dry, rainy, or even snowy before you visit. Corner Canyon is about 45 mins from PC and has some excellent riding. Eagle Mountain is a little over an hour and not as good, but still pretty worthy (depending on how good your local riding is). EaMo is affectionately referred to as the honey badger of riding areas. The soil there tolerates water better than anywhere around here, so unless it has been raining a lot or has snowed recently, it's usually good to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry, kind of late to the party but other options in the valley include Yellow Fork Canyon which has a super fun descent (but you have to earn it, there aren’t any lifts—it’s real mountain biking). This ride originates SW of Harriman and is probably an hour from PC, and is a Salt Lake County park.

Another great ride is Antelope Island State Park. A lot of the island trails are smooth pebble, but my favorite is what I call “the back half” and it includes some awesome rocky steeps. This is the SW corner of the island. Even after some of the biggest storms, Antelope can still be snow-free to rather high elevation. A state park entrance fee is required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.