Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm just wondering whos all going to compete in the Paris to Ancaster race this year? I'm planning on riding it, this would be my first time doing this race, although I've done the 50km Lake to Lake race a few times.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
RatchAttack said:
Hey there, I'm just wondering whos all going to compete in the Paris to Ancaster race this year? I'm planning on riding it, this would be my first time doing this race, although I've done the 50km Lake to Lake race a few times.
I have wrote it off in the past because:

-early in the year
-not physically ready
-i never go on 60km rides, let alone race
-usually muddy
-don't trust my bike in the delivery trucks
-gravel roads...

This year, they are not transporting the bikes via trucks. they transport the people instead. great idea IMO

Reason i may not do it this year: April 22nd is right in the middle of my final exams!:madman:

http://www.parisancaster.com/

·
I Wanna Be Sedated
764 Posts
I am contemplating it. I was actually checking out their website last night. I will not be in tip-top shape for this thing but something in my brain keeps telling me to ignore the possible (likely?) human and mechanical failures and sign up and enjoy. ;)

Jouko

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm in this year (for the third year in a row).

I'm also not into 60km races that early in the season, which is why I do the 30km race. It's still a competitive race, and I can still get back home early enough to go to work in the afternoon :)

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
443 Posts
HA HA...considering I just signed up for a 24-hour MTB race maybe I should do the long one eh? :)

I'd definitely be up for carpooling once we get up there. I'm not interested in taking a bus or leaving my bike only to have to come back to get it. Weird system this year. We could both drive up there and then leave one car at the start and one at the finish.

·
Economy Stimulator
351 Posts
the system is very poorly designed this year! Nearly every year there is no parking at the start and that is with them shuttling well over 1/2 of the riders there! I think someone is just trying to up their profits by offering a 'free' system that no one in thier right mind would use...unless of course you live in Paris...either way i'll be there...for my 5th year. Long course...for me its about pushing my limits...sure placing would be nice...but all the competition it in the 60km...where's the fun in beating newbies.

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
i only want to beat

noggs... who cares about newbies... just run them over

teebor76xc said:
the system is very poorly designed this year! Nearly every year there is no parking at the start and that is with them shuttling well over 1/2 of the riders there! I think someone is just trying to up their profits by offering a 'free' system that no one in thier right mind would use...unless of course you live in Paris...either way i'll be there...for my 5th year. Long course...for me its about pushing my limits...sure placing would be nice...but all the competition it in the 60km...where's the fun in beating newbies.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
noggs... who cares about newbies... just run them over
if i can be your motivation to get that hulk of a frame of yours back within healthy parameters, squished into the bumblespandex and off to the rockies, then i will gladly wear that target.

dont worry, i will put it on my back so you can see it.
and dont dont worry worry suppa isnt suppa tall so you should be able to see said target over him...and the other 50 riders in front of you...

·
mtbr Decade+
1,545 Posts
Do they have...

Do they have a "Red Lantern" award; I'd be a lock. I do the Westdale - Brantford -Westdale 63km run in four hours(including a stop for fries at the swapmeet place); surely I would be a threat for last...

P.S. Any fry stands or pubs on the Paris _ Ancaster route?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lopez test pilot said:
:thumbsup: I am In, I just want to hang out with some RIDERS, CHEERS LOPEZ, Hey Eric is the Trek going to shine that day.:thumbsup:
sorry man but its going to be the GT for that race, but don't worry, there are plenty of 8 hour races this year that shes going to be put through. Are you planning on doing any of the Dukes 8 Hour relays?

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
hehe..

if that is the case, i have to put fat tires on my bike, just in case i have to run him over...

yeah, every event this season will be a tune up for the TR... i am putting some serious wear and tear on my spinner at home... at -30 celsius, i dont think i'd benefit from riding outdoors... i'll leave it to noggs...

BobKreyole said:
I am going to register steve for the race. I will drive him myself so he does not miss the race. Are you using this race as a tuneup for the Trans Rockies.

Good luck & good riding

·
Registered
234 Posts
RatchAttack said:
sorry man but its going to be the GT for that race, but don't worry, there are plenty of 8 hour races this year that shes going to be put through. Are you planning on doing any of the Dukes 8 Hour relays?
Hey Eric, I am thinking of useing my Rockymountain for that time of year aswell and leave the Nomad for late spring, just worried of all the seals on my bike and reminents of salt from this winter mixed in with the slush and mud we will surley find. As for the Dukes 8 hour relays sounds like you have a partner/ partner.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.