Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Blacksheep posted a great loop here:

http://www.sorba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24078

From the Buckhorn gate - Firetower to the top, back to Kanuga, then left or right to the lake is a lot of fun - longer going little Kanuga (down the right side) . . .

Lot's of info and great map here: http://www.upstatesorba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=74 (click on map)

Have fun . . .

Just watch the times - Tues open until 9:00pm, other nites close at 6:00pm, no bikes on Saturday . . .

Steve

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
hillbilly_hank said:
We'll be traveling through Greenville with our bikes and thought about hitting Paris Mtn. What's a recommended route to get a good taste of what it has to offer?
For a good ride - start at one of the lower parking lots, near the entrance...
Ride up the paved road past the restrooms, Park Center office, and lake (on the right) till you reach the stop sign> RIGHT on to Turtle Trail >LEFT on to Mountain Creek Trail>Pass the Lake Placid Trail and amphitheatre on right> Stay RIGHT at first two junctions then after wooden bridge and short steep section > LEFT short trail to Archery Range parking lot (unless you wanna hike-a-bike up Sulphur Springs "DH course"). From the archery lot, RIGHT up the road to the Top parking area > LEFT on to Fire Tower Trail > RIGHT on to Kanuga and RIGHT onto the Kanuga "Right Side" Trail > LEFT on to Brissy Ridge> LEFT on to Pipsissewa Trail down to the North Lake Loop> RIGHT around the Lake loop> RIGHT back up Kanuga "Left Side"> RIGHT and down Fire Tower or straight back down Kanuga "Right side again then LEFT up Brissy back to top parking lot (Decision time) Gnarly "DH Course" singletrack down or take the road down? > Single track on the other side of Circle head up maybe a hundred yards Sulphur Springs down>RIGHT back to Archery then LEFT down road> First RIGHT on to Mountain Creek Trail to the Lake> Down staircase>LEFT on to Sulphur Springs lower section> LEFT cross road and up the Connector trail to Mountain Creek trail> RIGHT down Mountain Creek to the Bottom. Enjoy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
brad,
why you wanna send them up big kanuga? You're a masochist - maybe they're not!

Seriously, either route is a fun workout going up big (or as brad calls it left) kanuga or going up pipsissewa/brissy. I rode there last friday with a guy who had a GPS system to measure altitude gain. We went up and down enough to get something close to 2400' climbing!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Turtle closed

Just in from the Tues nite ride . . . Wow!! Lot's of FUN!

Turtle trail was taped off from both sides . . . not sure of the exact reason or for how long. Can assume that it's due to the construction project out there. Looks like they've been putting in some type of pipeline.

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
The whole turtle being taped off on both sides sucked. I love that trail and didn't get to ride it when I was out there this afternoon. Hopefully they get it opened again soon! Was also surprised at the amount of standing water on the trail. Guess I can't complain cause we've needed the rain that we've gotten in the past week or so.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
As of Sunday Turtle was still closed, think a part of it may be flooded.

My favorite Paris loop is the same as Brado's up to Kanuga, at that point I take the left trail down to the lake, go left (CW) around the lake, left on Pippissewa (sp?) up to Brissey Ridge then right to the upper parking area, up and down Sulphur Springs :thumbsup: to the archery range trail. At that point I go back up the Archery range trail, make a right on the road up to the upper parking area again and then up and down Sulphur Springs again to Mtn Creek and back.

Sulphur Springs is so nice you have to do it twice. :D

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
upstateSC-rider said:
As of Sunday Turtle was still closed, think a part of it may be flooded.

My favorite Paris loop is the same as Brado's up to Kanuga, at that point I take the left trail down to the lake, go left (CW) around the lake, left on Pippissewa (sp?) up to Brissey Ridge then right to the upper parking area, up and down Sulphur Springs :thumbsup: to the archery range trail. At that point I go back up the Archery range trail, make a right on the road up to the upper parking area again and then up and down Sulphur Springs again to Mtn Creek and back.

Sulphur Springs is so nice you have to do it twice. :D
Turtle is closed due to the Water main they are running thru the park - I'll call the Ranger tomorrow to get an estimated re-open date and see if maybe SORBA can plan a work day to reclaim affected section of trail the water line dig crossed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.