Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster but longtime rider! I know I know this is probably a really dumb question but how do I get these cranks (raceface deus) off? I know there is the built in puller cap but Id figure Id ask before doing any damage. Do I removal the "crank bolt" and then tighten the puller cap? I assume I rotate the puller cap into the crank so it pushes the crank off the spindle? or is there another method?

TIA

Charly

·
Crazy C
28 Posts
The puller cap holds the crank bolt to the crank so tightening the crank bolt mounts the crank and loosening it removes the crank. Just leave everything in place and start backing out the crank bolt. It will only go as far as the cap which it pushes against from that point removing the arm. I believe the cap threads are reversed for this reason.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks-makes sense (at least now it does)

whew...I knew it was easy but the fear of destruction and frustration after having ruined something was too great too overcome ;)

thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.