Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

441 - 446 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m running a 2.5 Aggressor on 30mm Bonty rim in the back.
I’m also running a 2.4 DHR2 on a Spank395+ rim (35mm inner)

Both these Maxxis tyres fit well. I did try a 2.6 Scwalbe Hans Dampf but it didn’t leave a enough clearance for mud.
I reached out to banshee, they didn’t seem concerned with maxxis 2.5 or 2.6 on a 35mm internal rim.

I’m in SoCal, mud clearance considerations really isn’t a thing here. We (or I) don’t ride if it is wet to too muddy still, the high clay content makes things a sticky nightmare no matter what tire, plus it totally wrecks our trails.

I’ve decided on the spank 395 and aggressor 2.5, I’ll see how it inflates. But it works really well in SoCal for a rear for 85% of trails in a 100 mi radius. I even like the aggressor at snow summit when I’m sticking to west ridge and party wave. While I’ve used reckons in 27.5x2.8, I’ve just grown to like the aggressor more as a rear.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I reached out to banshee, they didn’t seem concerned with maxxis 2.5 or 2.6 on a 35mm internal rim.

I’m in SoCal, mud clearance considerations really isn’t a thing here. We (or I) don’t ride if it is wet to too muddy still, the high clay content makes things a sticky nightmare no matter what tire, plus it totally wrecks our trails.

I’ve decided on the spank 395 and aggressor 2.5, I’ll see how it inflates. But it works really well in SoCal for a rear for 85% of trails in a 100 mi radius. I even like the aggressor at snow summit when I’m sticking to west ridge and party wave. While I’ve used reckons in 27.5x2.8, I’ve just grown to like the aggressor more as a rear.
I have found that VIttoria Agarro's work really well in Socal for everything but the ultra loose/deep, for the rear of the bike. Roll faster than the Agressor (IMO), and I prefer the grip characteristics. I am running 2.6/2.4 F/R right now on the V3. The 2.6 has bigger knobs and seems like it would fit fine in the rear. It's a bit less of a tire than I am used to up front, but it keeps things interesting for sure.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
1,317 Posts

That combo runs just fine on mine ;) Southern AZ isn't all that different, I guess, mostly dust over crust (when it's not just plain ol' volcanic chunk). We don't have mud clearance concerns either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got a 29x2.5 aggressor inflated on a Spank 395+. The casing currently measures 62mm, maxxis runs small.... Seems like there’s good clearance.

On a side note, my only experience aggressor is the 2.3, the 2.5 is almost a different tire, sure the tread is the same but the knob size and height is drastically larger on the 2.5

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Bear_Mtb, just now saw your post but you probably saw what the others wrote since then. I am 6'3", 35" inseam. I picked the XL just using the geo chart on Banshee's website and getting an idea of what others my size tend to like. I only found this forum after I ordered the frame, and I think at least one person my height has gone with a L, but the longer reach of the XL seems like it should be a good fit. Honestly since I haven't ridden it yet I can't say for you, but if you go back through this thread you can find a few height/frame size reports to get a better idea. Or just ask Keith from Banshee, who does seem to respond in here. Cheers...
I'm 6'3 / 217lbs...same inseam. I ride a size Large Evil Calling (which fits perfect and is an amazing frame) and currently riding a size Large V3. Whenever I ride the V3, it feels like i'm sitting forward almost ahead of the crank..similar to the feeling when you sit on a kids bike :)~. Currently running a 50mm stem and seat is adjusted all the way back. I still find myself trying to scoot back on the back edge of the saddle. The bike still rips but for my height/long arm reach, I think the XL frame would be ideal. Looking at the spec comparison between the L and the XL....I can't see how the XL frame would feel like too much bike. In fact, the L feels like too little bike. I have a friend that is 5'10. He rode it and loved it....and he normally rides a Medium frame.

The advice that I can give anyone looking to buy one without riding one...after riding this frame for the past 10 months....the frames run small. I plan to buy an XL frame and sell my L frame.

441 - 446 of 446 Posts