Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok pics are out and specs coming shortly. NEW BANSHEE BIKE THREAD yee haw.

Reading through Banshee's replies on the FB comments, here are a few things that seem hella rad:

• Initial run of frames - 50 raw only
  • "Rides soft" keeps coming up. Seems design was optimized for compliance
  • Focus on keeping it simple - no modular dropouts
  • Can fit 29x2.6 and 27.5+
  • SS will require a tensioner
  • Specs to drop this week
  • Ready to ride "by summer"

The stoke is high.

Prototype photos posted to Banshee FB 2019/03/20

·
shy of 60
172 Posts
A future hardtail for me needs the ability to run 29 x 2.6 tires, have a slack ht angle, steep st angle, and able to run a 140/150mm fork. Hopefully the paradox v3 is an all mtn / enduro style frame. Can't wait to see the full details.

I always like these smaller manufacturers...was seriously considering a prime, but found a good deal on a used smash.

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
your pics don't work....

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
I saw on Facebook that production has began on these.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yeah, they said mine should be here by end of April :D Just kidding :D Yeah, looks like production has started rolling in, haven't heard any official word on when exactly they should start shipping, but guesstimates were early summer. Quite interested to swing a leg over one and see what all those fancy flex points manage to do to the ride quality, hoping that those, along with some nice fat rubber will make for a much more forgiving ride for us older folk that need some help absorbing impacts.

I saw on Facebook that production has began on these.
Screenshot_2019-04-03 Banshee ( bansheebikes) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
So how much longer until we get to see the details? :thumbsup:

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
Per Banshee Facebook Page

Basic Paradox V3 Info:
(more to follow in time with new website, but this covers the basics)

MRSP $849USD for frameset (includes pre-installed high quality Banshee headset, seat clamp, chainstay protector and rear axle. (price varies a bit globally depending on taxes) Frames should start becoming available next month.

57504311_2308038689254789_9206008265761095680_o.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
I’m bit more over 6’,1” but long legged.
This size has the extra inch I need for TT and also 1”1/2 inch more in reach, compared to my ‘13 L Prime, on which I ride a bit short when seat is up

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thats the highest stack on a bike I can remember seeing. I haven't ridden a bike with stack that high so I am curious how it will affect the fit.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Yup, what I thought, similar to me, not into the whole crazy long Reach geo thing myself would be riding a Large as well at 6'2" and probably with a 50-60mm stem, depending on what bar sweep I ran. Good thing is it opens up the market for those truly "XL" sized riders 6'5"> to have frames that fit them, but have to wonder how many of them there are or those who are going to actually go for the recommended longer reach size for their height.

Biggest new thing is the lesser offset, which could play a big part in not making it feel super stretched out and awkward trying to weight the front. This something I have not tried yet except on my slacker type bikes like the Pivot FB29 and Transition Sentinel tooling around and honestly, they are not all around bikes, they feel like $hit pedaling around on flat or tight and twisty stuff.

I’m bit more over 6’,1” but long legged.
This size has the extra inch I need for TT and also 1”1/2 inch more in reach, compared to my ‘13 L Prime, on which I ride a bit short when seat is up
Well actually all the sizes on the previous generation Paradox all had the 451mm Stack, so it's only the L and XL that are increasing. What you need to look at also with the Stack number though is the BB height/drop, as I don't think Banshee are going crazy low with this, so relative to the Stack, you won't have your bar way up in the sky, or if taller need lots of spacers or high rise bar.

Thats the highest stack on a bike I can remember seeing. I haven't ridden a bike with stack that high so I am curious how it will affect the fit.

1 - 20 of 445 Posts