Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NMBP
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, since I lamely asked this in somebody else's thread, I will start my own lame thread. (Sorry Bonesetter) By all accounts, this is a super fun and versatile bike. It also seems like a great deal, however, I may be sleeping in the back yard if I come home with a new bike anytime soon. So, would the Paradox make a good part time commuter? I realize that this beast is meant for serious off road duty, but if I could somehow justify it, at least in my own mind, you know where I am going with this hopefully! I currently have a rigid sir9 for this duty, but this baby looks like a total blast. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
He he, that other thread is a bit congested now, plus I think folks are tiered of seeing it

The Paradox is certainly very versatile. What does your commute consist of?

·
NMBP
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad, a short bit of road, some grass, sidewalks and curbs, around four miles one way, so not very long at all. The sir is great for this, but I am way too wimpy to ride much off road with a ridged bike. I could always buy a front shock as well, it's just that this bike really intrigues me.

963 Posts
I have been riding mine for 6 months and love it
I think there is no way you can ride this bike and not like it is so much fuN!!
The frame is super strong and stiff and I weigh 240 lbs its like the perfect bike for me
I have other bikes one of them being a Banshee Rune but I always end up taking the Paradox
Get this bike you will love it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hey Cracker, thanks for the Paradox action shots - excellent stuff, you're having way too much fun there ;) :thumbsup:

gfs69 - as for serious fun off roader bike, see Cracker's post above, and I don't think you need anyone to answer the second part do you - work out your story, and go get...

·
NMBP
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
bonesetter2004 said:
Hey Cracker, thanks for the Paradox action shots - excellent stuff, you're having way too much fun there ;) :thumbsup:

gfs69 - as for serious fun off roader bike, see Cracker's post above, and I don't think you need anyone to answer the second part do you - work out your story, and go get...
You're a doctor right? Yes hunny, I was told by my physician that my bones would greatly deteriorate riding a bike with long chain stays and no suspension, better not risk it! I happen to have the cure right here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts