Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retro Grouch
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are in my and most every other church; also some department stores and civic buildings, hanging from Holiday trees; children whose families are too poor to buy them Christmas presents. Everyear I buy a 5 year old child a bike and helmet; last year a little girl, this year a boy. Imagine spending about $50 and a new singlespeeder is born. Find a Paper Angel tree out there and make a Christmas wish come true.

1G1G, Brad

Attachments

·
(was) Big in Japan
1,004 Posts
aka brad said:
They are in my and most every other church; also some department stores and civic buildings, hanging from Holiday trees; children whose families are too poor to buy them Christmas presents. Everyear I buy a 5 year old child a bike and helmet; last year a little girl, this year a boy. Imagine spending about $50 and a new singlespeeder is born. Find a Paper Angel tree out there and make a Christmas wish come true.

1G1G, Brad
You are a very good man.

·
Retro Grouch
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's not about me;

TheSingleGuy said:
You are a very good man.
but thanks for the thought.

This something everyone can do. One paper angel I saw was an 8 year old boy that wanted "Warm Clothing"; that's really wrong. Let's all do what we can.

1G1G, Brad

·
Strongbow or Bust!!!!
435 Posts
Sticky please?

Thankyou for reminding all of us about the less fortunate in our society. I'll look for one of those paper angels too and do the same.
Merry Christmas.

Rob

·
hispanic mechanic
2,686 Posts
Well done, man...

aka brad said:
..try your local Salvation Army. Thank you all, I knew you would get it ;)

1G1G, Brad
My mom is the head social worker at the county jail here, and has run the "Angel Tree" program for the kids of inmates for the past 20 years.
It's really heartbreaking to hear innocent children hoping for stuff like a bed, or a warm coat.
Regardless of anyone's religious beliefs, this is an excellent time of year to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

the los

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've also seen the trees at the mall and in my town, the local fire dept. collects new toys to distribute to local children.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.