Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nothing can stop me now
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a Papago ride? I have ridden here in the Valley for 18 years and never have ridden Papago.

I normally ride SOMO DC coast to coast or DC to end, up Telegraph and down National...

Anything like that at Papago?

bobo

·
Gold it's the new Pink!
535 Posts
Edit: I had called the west area the east area. Sorry I was thinking one thing and typed another and never caught it.

There isn't a ton at Papago but there is fun to be had. It is mostly smooth single track with a few fun areas to toy around on. It was actually my first ride in AZ ten years ago. It’s pretty much broken into three areas. To make it easy I will call them south area by the equipment lot, which is connected by the canal path to the north area, and North West or west area.

South has a few smaller hills with a few trails around and over them and a jump pit area. Most of the jumps are pretty trashed at this point but there is still some decent lips. The single track that follows the equipment lot fence line is kind of fun but has been smoothed out a lot over the years.

North has parking off Glavin Parkway by the zoo. Some ok smooth trails with a few dips here and there. There is a fun shot down the 50 or 60 steps on the backside of the rock mountain and some fun areas on the rocks.

North West or WEST is across Galvin parkway. There is a fun shot down one of the hills but not a ton of other stuff over there.

Crimson

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
four of us are meeting at 11:30am tomorrow to ride the papago trails. please join us if you don't mind some slower/older c-riders.
we'll park across the street from the zoo entrance, that's the west side of galvin pkwy, at the light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.