Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Custom User Title
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any long pants for riding? I never wear shorts so my legs are whiter than paper. Should I wear them it would be unusually bright outside. Usually I just wear my jeans, but sometimes they get caught in the gears. Might get them out just in time or sometimes I dont.

Any good brands that I should consider?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
I never wear shorts either. I just buy cheap jogging or soccer pants and will usually get at least a year of riding and daily commuting out of them.

I used to hunt for pants that had a drawstring at the ankle, so that I could cinch it up to keep the pantleg out of the chain. Those can be tough to find though, so with my latest pair I sewed some snaps on the ankle, and that works great.

·
Clyde on a mission!
719 Posts
This time a year a lot of people have bright, white legs.. The fun part starts when you've been biking all summer in your padded bike shorts and end up with two-tone legs. Bike shorts gives a much sharper tan line than regular shorts.. :p

·
Custom User Title
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never really had a problem with heat. Besides, right now my calves are more like full grown cows since I haven't been riding as much because of school.

I guess Ill look into some shorts. Any recommendations? Nothing tight though.

·
GiANT REVEL 1
24 Posts
:thumbsup:

put on sunglasses to protect your eyes from the glare, and wear shorts. your body's inability to dump waste heat while wearing pants will make you overheat a lot faster, bump up your heart rate needlessly, etc. Plus, how can you show off your awesome calves if you aren't wearing shorts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anything baggy is good for me. I love my Zoic's.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i wear nike basketball shorts when riding... anything that i feel is comfortable im going with...
:thumbsup:

Can't believe more people don't where plain old athletic shorts. I've got some pretty funky looking lacrosse shorts from Flow Society, they're cut a little above the knee, They're comfy, and they don't get in the way of my knee like my Under Armor B-Ball Shorts sometimes do.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Army pants.(AKA BDU's - Battle Dress Uniform)..they have a drawstring at the bottom of the legs so they wont get caught in the chain/crank...I have worn them in the past but now I only wear shorts...I live near an army base..so there was alot of stores that carried them...U.S. Cavalry carries them as well...U.S. Cavalry - Proudly Serving Military and Law Enforcement Professionals

1 - 18 of 18 Posts