Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've searched through the GT threads in VRC, and found links to old catalogs, but I can't seem to find any information about 1990s GT geometry. First, I'm assuming that Zaskars, Aluminum Avalanches, and Panteras have the same geometry? I'm specifically interested in the geometry of 94-95 panteras with the rigid, chromoly fork. I used to have one of these in high school and I loved it! I'd love to pick up another one, but I'm not sure which size frame to hunt down. I had an 18" in high school but am a bit taller now and know I know what ETT measurements I like.

My (usually) keen google-fu has failed me in this effort too. Can anyone help me out?

BTW, I cruised the GT thread there and every single bike in that thread is rad. Nice bikes fellas!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
doctorthirst said:
As some one mentioned before, these 1990s bikes have short top tubes by today's standards.
I don't know that that's necessarily true (or at least not as much as people think). Remember, those measurements are actual top tube length not effective top tube length. Also, I believe at that time GT measured their sizes from BB center to top tube center. I have a 94 Pantera 18" and it's comparable in fit to other 19" frames I own (even modern ones). My 18" Pantera's ETT is probably no more than 10mm shorter than my newer bikes, and those old bikes really should be ridden with a longer stem anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.