Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
@adelorenzo
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this shot last night, first decent one I've done so pretty stoked. Took Seb Rogers' advice from the DP Review article and shot 1/60s shutter priority, in some pretty low light conditions.

Only got a chance to try a couple shots last night but can't wait to try to get something better.

Would love to see other people's shots and any other tips!

·
Registered
502 Posts
That link was great! Thanks for the info. I've tried but never succeeded in getting any shots worth showing but with this new info from the link above I am motivated to try again. Cheers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The best way to get good at panning is practice. Also, if your camera or lens has image stabilization, learn how to use it.

Using a flash, as in the examples above, can add another dimension, but it also robs some of the impression of motion, because you lose the rotation of the wheels. But it can be a very effective tool.

Hmm... wish I could get the examples i was trying to post, to appear!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks
I suggest turning off image stabilization unless you have a long duration to pan the subject. In Jersey it's all forest, so I rarely have time to get a pan going long enough for the VR to work right. I normally just flick my wrist as the rider pops out behind a tree before he vanishes behind the next. It may have been used in that top one, I was experimenting that day. But it was on a rare occasion where I had a lot of room.
I also find that 3D tracking isn't fast enough, use single point and aim for the face.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Fort William World Cup DH Practice

MTBR member thedumbopinion

MTBR Member jcr1

Taken with a Canon SD1200IS point and shoot.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.