Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I new to this forum and now live in the fl. panhandle. I'm looking for places and people to ride with. I moved here from the mtns of NC. I USED to ride Dupont 2- 3 times a week as I lived there. not much else to say.......................................otto

·
Registered
53 Posts
Panhandle

Try porc.org for the local bike club. There are some nice trails in Mobile, AL (Chickasabogue and a couple others). There is the Crooked Creek Trail outside Panama City (flat and sandy). No mountains but still pretty good riding. Good luck!

·
Registered
487 Posts
ottomatic said:
Santa Rosa . Between Destn & Panama City..........................otto
In Santa Rosa, huh? I've got a friend who lives in Santa Rosa. I live across the bay in Niceville. As has already been mentioned, the UWF trails in P'cola are good. In Ft Walton are the Timber Lake trails (you'll need a rec. permit from the AFB to ride there, but it's only $8 for the permit and its good for a year).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was just down there for a weeklong vacation in Grayton Beach. I took my bike and got in some decent rides. First of all, there is a paved bike trail that runs basically runs the entire length of highway 30-A. As you know, it's flat country down there but the scenery is very nice. You can pull off into the communities down there like Blue Mountain, Grayton, Seaside, Seagrove, Seacrest, etc. I also rode in the Grayton Beach State Park/Recreation areas. In the portion that lies just west of "downtown" Grayton I found a fun little off-road trail that took me through trees and scrub brush for a good while. You'll have to seek it out as there are no signs. I ended up giving up on it before reaching the end due to time constraints. Nothing really challenging but it was fun, tight and scenic. I also noticed some dirt roads running into a large parcel of state park property located on hwy 383 near Grayton but never got the chance to check it out. I love it down there. Good luck finding some places to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.