Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which one of these will last the longest? they will be going on my 08 gary fisher marlin disc that is rode on the streets 10 miles a day 5 days a week and is used on the trails on the weekend. or should i look into getting the panaracers for trails and a set of maxxis hookworms for the street? i just don't know if the holy rollers would be a happy medium or not.

thanks for any info

·
Registered
693 Posts
Holyrollers are good on dirt and pavement but they are heavy. Hookworms are really really heavy. Go for a better medium. Schwalbe Tabletops or Kenda K-rads are better options. I have no idea on any of panaracers range so no help there.

·
MTB Addict
830 Posts
If you really want to do it right, the panaracers for off-road (great tires) and slicks on road. Unfortunately, there is no good compromise (there used to be, sort of, but Maxxis discontinued it for the most part. R.I.P. Wormdrive).

·
Registered
39 Posts
phil21502 said:
which one of these will last the longest? they will be going on my 08 gary fisher marlin disc that is rode on the streets 10 miles a day 5 days a week and is used on the trails on the weekend. or should i look into getting the panaracers for trails and a set of maxxis hookworms for the street? i just don't know if the holy rollers would be a happy medium or not.

thanks for any info
i'd almost be tempted to keep the jones the bike came with if i were to ride on pavement that much. i hate the jones for the trails in my area and am switching them out soon for the panaracers. imo, just keep the jones on there and adjust the psi when you trail ride on the weekends since you do so much commuting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i plan to run the jones till their dead. at the rate their wearing though i don't think they'll last past the first of august. i've only had the bike for two weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.