Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this tire for the Front of my Epic 29er the Panaracer Fire Cross 29x1.9. I also like to use the Bontager 29x1.8 on the front and a Maxiss Worm on the rear.:thumbsup: I have stumbled onto a one of a kind 29er for me. I have the best of both worlds for me wanted a 29er but couldn't imagine not having my epic, so I now have a Fox FX100 terralogical fork on the front bob free and a brain on the rear bob free along with 29er wheels to boot.:eek:

Attachments

·
Future Rainbow Jersey
449 Posts
It looks super-tight in the back. However, it looks like you're riding through copious amounts of mud and snow, so I'll take your word for it. 1.9 is like a real mtb. tire, so I have to say, I'm fairly impressed you got that on there.

·
Training in Mexico
160 Posts
I like it, but a question...

Are the kinematics of the Brains' inertia valve effected? As I remember, the valve is positioned to maximize the shock to the valve in order to open it. Does the position of the valve change with the increase wheel size(ie high angle of attack for a 29er), or is the valve's placement dependant on the bicycle's Four Bar linkage kinematics? I suppose that one could adjust the valve to get the sensitivity if this is the case, but I think it will have to change vs a 26 wheel. I could be full of hot air on this<O:p.

I see the fox terralogic valve being unaffected by wheel size do to the linear stroke of the fork.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Ok someone had to ask

I know this may sound like a Cloxxi tire gluing question but&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.that for brace looks really wide / thick. What about shaving it to make a tad more room?:eek:

Thoughts??

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are by far the best thing on my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a singlespeed they would kick some serious butt.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
DeeZee said:
I know this may sound like a Cloxxi tire gluing question but&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.that for brace looks really wide / thick. What about shaving it to make a tad more room?:eek:

Thoughts??
You are talking about messing with that fork arch/brace? Due to the nature of the materials and enginering involved, I can say this with some certainty: do so only if you want it to fail. As in: mess with it and it will break.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Agreed

29erchico said:
You are talking about messing with that fork arch/brace? Due to the nature of the materials and enginering involved, I can say this with some certainty: do so only if you want it to fail. As in: mess with it and it will break.
I also do not glue tires together:lol:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahaha thanks Timo Iam thinking about getting a Reba and putting it on the front so I can run a bigger tire like SPec Reso on the front. Its just so hard to give up my Fox on the Front boomb proof. Iam in the process of getting the new Epic with Spec shock on it and some Indy9 wheels with front shock pushed.

G

·
mward said:
Hey B-ray
you are frui-tay
with your 29er way
on an epic soufle
I would not say
this is okay
if you spend all day
on the forum, k?
you should go play
on your bike today
that bike so grey
you got on ebay
it's like a sleigh
no lock out delay
may be cliche
in this 29 soiree
26ers portray
Not quite Public Enemy, but I like it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.