Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to ride palmer instead of buildin at the land. Snow is not my friend right now. Gonna meet at the stables at 1015 approx. If ya in denver or boulder and wanna roll down we are going to meet at Ken caryl / c470 at 9 am. i have a silver subaru baja will be in the shopping center parking lot on the se side of ken caryl
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
I'm in I'm in!!!! :D
What kinda ride is this going to be Todd? XC/DH/mix? Now that I've got a few bikes I've got some options. Looks like if you come down we can't go to 26th street because it got closed down. :( Oh well...


(disregard my post in the build sesh thread, I just got home and check the threads from bottom to top chronologically)
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mcarples said:
gonna try my hardest to make it, but saturday night might be a long night. Yeah for the afternoon ride.
come on you live in the springs, wake up at 9 take a shower drink some gatorade and well throw you at the end so no one has to smell ya
 

·
I do small drops.
Joined
·
215 Posts
Hopefully his showers are good enough that he won't smell that bad, but if he's spewin' he can go at the end!

Can I come? PLEASE!? It's been like a week since my last real ride! And what kind of riding is this, again? Not like I'm good at anything, but might as well bring a cool bike and pretend like I am!
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Hopefully his showers are good enough that he won't smell that bad, but if he's spewin' he can go at the end!

Can I come? PLEASE!? It's been like a week since my last real ride! And what kind of riding is this, again? Not like I'm good at anything, but might as well bring a cool bike and pretend like I am!
Dude. Come. Come all who want to come. Bring as many folks as possible. See if Landon wants to come, we've been meaning to go riding together for a long time.
 

·
I do small drops.
Joined
·
215 Posts
Okay, I will if I talk to him before then, I'll probably bring some other "freeriders" from Monument, too. So if you guys are meeting in Denver at 9, that's like Palmer at 10:30 or so?

And this might be a dumb question, but this is Palmer Park, right? Cause there could be more Palmers out there!
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
Okay, I will if I talk to him before then, I'll probably bring some other "freeriders" from Monument, too. So if you guys are meeting in Denver at 9, that's like Palmer at 10:30 or so?

And this might be a dumb question, but this is Palmer Park, right? Cause there could be more Palmers out there!
I'd say about 10:15ish down here. Yes PalmerPark. So I'd leave from Monument at like 9:45. Any of you guys have a decent sized truck?
 

·
I do small drops.
Joined
·
215 Posts
I have a Titan Crew Cab. We can usually fit 6 people, and packed right, 9 bikes, so we could shuttle up with that assuming I can get a ride back to my car. But really, Palmer Park doesn't have an extreme elevation gain, usually (even on my 50 lb DH) I just ride up the road and down the trails. But if that's not what you've got in mind, lemme know!
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
bikescars101 said:
I have a Titan Crew Cab. We can usually fit 6 people, and packed right, 9 bikes, so we could shuttle up with that assuming I can get a ride back to my car. But really, Palmer Park doesn't have an extreme elevation gain, usually (even on my 50 lb DH) I just ride up the road and down the trails. But if that's not what you've got in mind, lemme know!
Oh it doesn't matter to me. I'm just curious to what we're doing before we meet so that I can decide on which bike to bring. V-10 if we shuttle, or the AC if we're gonna be doing climbs.

Nice truck by the way. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Ao all you CO Springs ppl hows it looking snow, mud wise? It looks like its a tad chillier down there then on the front range? Did yall get a lot of snow? Im down to ride need to get some dirt under the tires!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
I'm interested in going, but found out that I have no endurance what-so-ever on major climbs, and since I have never been to Palmer, how's the trail in terms of climbing and such?
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jmarsz said:
I'm interested in going, but found out that I have no endurance what-so-ever on major climbs, and since I have never been to Palmer, how's the trail in terms of climbing and such?
Other than tony all the ppl on this ride are old fat lazy have beer guts and ride 40+ Lb bikes. You will be just fine climbing. Palmer only has 200 mayb 300 feet elevation gain. Its a rad place with lots of different features
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
95% great 5% muddy

Sin said:
Ao all you CO Springs ppl hows it looking snow, mud wise? It looks like its a tad chillier down there then on the front range? Did yall get a lot of snow? Im down to ride need to get some dirt under the tires!!
Everything that wasn't covered by a drift should be in great shape. I would expect some muddy spots on some of the north facing stuff where drifts settled but it shouldn't be a big deal. If you find some really muddy stuff, just head elsewhere in the park.

I am probably in if people decide this is going to be a small to middle bike ride--I have no desire to shuttle the park...
 

·
eci
Joined
·
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kristian said:
Everything that wasn't covered by a drift should be in great shape. I would expect some muddy spots on some of the north facing stuff where drifts settled but it shouldn't be a big deal. If you find some really muddy stuff, just head elsewhere in the park.

I am probably in if people decide this is going to be a small to middle bike ride--I have no desire to shuttle the park...
We will be riding the park. pedaling and all, my comment was just to be fecious
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
snowskilz said:
We will be riding the park. pedaling and all, my comment was just to be fecious
Works for me. I think I'll take the AC. :D
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
dwj said:
before this thread gets too messy, let me just say i'm in!

palmer should be bone dry by sunday. unless we get some more snow or rain.
Hopefully it doesn't rain but its looking a bit threatening up here. The skies are currently solid light grey, although it is quite warm out. Who knows...
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
snowskilz said:
Other than tony all the ppl on this ride are old fat lazy have beer guts and ride 40+ Lb bikes. You will be just fine climbing. Palmer only has 200 mayb 300 feet elevation gain. Its a rad place with lots of different features
Lol. I gotta tell ya that last weekend on my ride with Kristian was the first time I had climbed the whole thing without taking a break for a few seconds. The AC is getting me in such good shape. And it was nice being in a group with a regulated pace since when I rode solo I think I tend to rush and go faster but get tired quicker... :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top