Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to ride Palm Canyon epic next Friday. Anybody been there recently how are the trail conditions? Any snow or rain? Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Dry Hero Dirt...

Primo conditions!

·
Registered
788 Posts
The top may have a little moisture left, but all of the trails off of Dunn that riders are linking at the bottom are dry as can be. We have had one sprinkle in the Coachella Valley since March. I'm going to climb Dunn and do the PCE when I'm off over the break. Art Johnson was crazy dry last week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Planning to ride Palm Canyon epic next Friday. Anybody been there recently how are the trail conditions? Any snow or rain? Thanks

Just rode it yesterday. There was still a little dampness for the first mile or so, the rest is dry. The whole trail is open and clear, the sand wash was a little soft but a pretty easy grind. Upper portion was super windy, looks like the forecast for the weekdays looks to calm be calmer. All creek crossings were completely dry.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been a few times in the last few weeks here's what I captured yesterday along Dunn road and the video before that was PCE which was insane wind
link at the end of that video btw

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Rode it from Palm Canyon yesterday, to avoid the sandy wash. Fast and flown, but the three main climbs always sucked. We decided to go on Hahn’s Buena Vista and the conditions was primo.

Starting temperature was 55F and windy. By the time we were on Dunn Road by the Pullman Bulldozer it was a roasting 74F. Hydrate and eat often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
I rode it in late November and was totally stoked at how much of the sand wash had some decent packed tire trails to follow. I blew through that so much faster than usual, about 30 minutes vs my usual hour. For once it didnt seem like 3 miles of hell!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts