Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Palisades is good to go. I wouldn't try to get in there through Corral Pass, Noble Knob. You can get almost to the knob, but there was a ton of snow on a wicked side hill lie. It's doable, but I was alone and didn't want to end up sliding down the hill with no one to drag my butt out. Another few days like this and it should open up well.

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
yo_eddy said:
Palisades is good to go. I wouldn't try to get in there through Corral Pass, Noble Knob. You can get almost to the knob, but there was a ton of snow on a wicked side hill lie. It's doable, but I was alone and didn't want to end up sliding down the hill with no one to drag my butt out. Another few days like this and it should open up well.
I know exactly the hill you are talking about. That would be a scary fall even with other people there.

How deep was the snow? The hot weather this week might put a melt on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
YoPawn said:
I know exactly the hill you are talking about. That would be a scary fall even with other people there.

How deep was the snow? The hot weather this week might put a melt on. :thumbsup:
I'd say at least 3 ft deep. A few more days like this should knock it down good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode it last Sunday ...Palisades is in great shape ! Maybe a little snow left on the back. side. Trail runners on Sun top this weekend beware.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
i rode up to Corral Pass on 7174 across Noble Knob, down Dalles Ridge to Ranger on July 10th Evergreen ride, and we had no problems whatsoever. The few typical snow skrog sections on the shady side on Dalles Ridge, same places every year.

Probably completely clear by now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts