Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Is the bike OK?
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had an excellent weekend at Pajarito today and yesterday. There weren't' many people partly due to the Crested Butte DH race but the people who did show up had the mountain to themselves :thumbsup: . The only downside to the weekend was our loyal trail builder Dan E. getting hurt at the end of today. Everyone wish him a speedy recovery! Since I had two incredible days to ride I was able to take a camera with me today and take some shots. Pictures:

My son Ben on the new bridge drop (front):
Helmet Mountain bike Bicycle frame Natural environment Downhill mountain biking

Ben on the new bridge drop (rear):
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike

Rich on the new bridge drop:
Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Mountain biking Downhill mountain biking

Jason on the new bridge drop:
Clothing Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

Ben on the 2nd drop of new DH trail:
Tire Wheel Mountain bike Land vehicle Downhill mountain biking

Chris on the 2nd drop of new DH trail:
Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Natural environment Mountain biking

Chris on last table top of Rich's new jump trail:
Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Mountain bike

Jason hitting the road gap:
Plant community Mountain biking Downhill mountain biking Trail Outdoor recreation

Ben on Triple Threat Teeter:
Helmet Bicycle wheel Wood Bicycle helmet Bicycle frame

Route through "On The Rocks":
Vegetation Plant community Slope Soil Nature reserve

·
Registered
215 Posts
And to think I thought I was just helping a random damsel in distress with her crank. Good thing someone else came by that had the right size allen wrench. Next time, I'll have my toolkit with me.:eek: Anyway, glad to see I was able to help out your family in small measure of payment for the work you do up there. Awesome shots of the whole family.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It was definitely an incredible weekend! Thanks to all of you guys for all of the work you have put in to build amazing trails up there. It was nice meeting you, Ben, Rich, Dan, Chris, and a whole bunch of other cool people. I was hurting too much today after wrecking yesterday to try Air Raid and Battle Stations, but I did get three runs in on Half Aspen, one through Side Winder:thumbsup: I feel so proud of myself for riding a section you guys don't even think twice about:D At least I'm getting a little better...

BTW, where did Dan get hurt? I hope it's not bad and he can get back riding soon.

·
Is the bike OK?
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jemezc said:
And to think I thought I was just helping a random damsel in distress with her crank. Good thing someone else came by that had the right size allen wrench. Next time, I'll have my toolkit with me.:eek: Anyway, glad to see I was able to help out your family in small measure of payment for the work you do up there. Awesome shots of the whole family.
Thanks for the help! I should have had that bike better tuned but it's getting hard to maintain XC & DH bikes for a family of four. Thanks to NMJoe for having the right size allen!

·
Is the bike OK?
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C S said:
BTW, where did Dan get hurt? I hope it's not bad and he can get back riding soon.
2nd drop of the new DH course (see pictures above). FR-rider's "Bone Shaker" name for the new trail may be one of the best names after today :(

It was our pleasure showing you around C S!

·
Ride Hard, Ride Free
427 Posts
nealpederson said:
2nd drop of the new DH course (see pictures above). FR-rider's "Bone Shaker" name for the new trail may be one of the best names after today :(

It was our pleasure showing you around C S!
"Bone Shaker" for sure!

Couldn't be there this weekend, I've been on-call, I'll be there on 5 Jul.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
fr-rider said:
Couldn't be there this weekend, I've been on-call, I'll be there on 5 Jul.
5th July? Is this a secret lift day only for the *in-crowd*?

I saw this on their site (put it on my calendar at work too)
  • 2008 Lift Days (9 am - 3 pm)
  • Saturday June 7th (Summerfest)
  • Saturday June 21st
  • Sunday June 22nd
  • Saturday July 12th
  • Saturday July 19th
  • Sunday July 20th
  • Saturday August 2nd
  • Saturday August 16th
  • Sunday August 17th
  • Saturday August 30th
  • Saturday September 13th
  • Sunday September 14th
  • Saturday September 27th (Ullrfest)

·
Is the bike OK?
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
notaknob said:
If it is they didn't tell me :eek: . I think he was assuming the lifts were run exactly every two weeks. I think the ski hill made it three weeks between last weekend and the next open weekend so they wouldn't have to run on the July 4th holiday weekend.

·
Ride Hard, Ride Free
427 Posts
notaknob said:

I saw this on their site (put it on my calendar at work too)
  • 2008 Lift Days (9 am - 3 pm)
  • Saturday June 7th (Summerfest)
  • Saturday June 21st
  • Sunday June 22nd
  • Saturday July 12th
  • Saturday July 19th
  • Sunday July 20th
  • Saturday August 2nd
  • Saturday August 16th
  • Sunday August 17th
  • Saturday August 30th
  • Saturday September 13th
  • Sunday September 14th
  • Saturday September 27th (Ullrfest)
12 July...my mistake DICK! Bandaleros not welcome.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Haha!

fr-rider said:
12 July...my mistake DICK! Bandaleros not welcome.
I thought you'd managed to get secret lift access and damn it I wanted in.

And... It's BandOleros to you.

We're often not welcome, but well received due to our cleanliness, sensitivity and well mannered attitudes. We're sharp dressers too!

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
AZ crew says thanx!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the locals we met at Pajarito especially Chris for inviting over for the BBQ :). We had a great time riding and it was so hard to leave but we'll be back for sure. Next time maybe we'll have a bigger group since we let the secret out. Here are some shots from our riding, the rest are on the picasa link..

http://picasaweb.google.com/kenbentit/NewMexicoTrip

Attachments

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
kenbentit said:
Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the locals we met at Pajarito especially Chris for inviting over for the BBQ :). We had a great time riding and it was so hard to leave but we'll be back for sure. Next time maybe we'll have a bigger group since we let the secret out. Here are some shots from our riding, the rest are on the picasa link..

http://picasaweb.google.com/kenbentit/NewMexicoTrip
Cool pictures Ken. Glad to see Micki (sp) got over the horror of Pacheco Canyon road and had a good time at Pajarito.

Give a shout next time you guys get over this way and the tour of NM will continue.

Andy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad you all had fun at the BBQ, nice to have you. From your pics it looks like you had a good time on the trails up at Pajarito and REM is always a blast, next time you can ride the technical single track up the windsor trail instead of pacheco canyon road. Hope you make it back for some more enjoyment later in the season.

Chris

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Long live the Bandoleros. Bruce experiences one of our hazings as no one would be caught dead in a jersey like this...He was forced to wear this and drink Tecata all night:D

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
fr-rider said:
I was just joking...no hard feeling to the Bandaleros....Bryan...Ramon

We'll hit north soon.
mi hermano you don't have to apologize to us.youre one of us!:yesnod: :yesnod: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.