Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Community Manager at Trek
413 Posts
Hey! anyone know the color code for a Trek Roscoe 7 WSD 2018, gray? thanks in advance.

This one is in the shared document on page #3! "Cool Grey 10" is the Pantone code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mitch,
Here's one for ya! 2020 FEX 7 - Axinite. Wtf color is this even.

I love the bike and the color, but 2 gripes. #1 - matte paint shows water spots like a mofo and I don't generally hand dry my bike. #2 - paint match. RIP.
Next bike will be gloss for sure and get a liberal application of frame saver.

·
Community Manager at Trek
413 Posts
Mitch,
Here's one for ya! 2020 FEX 7 - Axinite. Wtf color is this even.

I love the bike and the color, but 2 gripes. #1 - matte paint shows water spots like a mofo and I don't generally hand dry my bike. #2 - paint match. RIP.
Next bike will be gloss for sure and get a liberal application of frame saver.
I had to chuckle at your comment "Wtf color is this even" as some of these paints we make have some wild names since the paint itself is wild.

Axinite is one of those complex paints that blend paints together to make a shifting color. It is like a mild version of Sunburst which we did with the launch of the Madone SLR. That being said, no color code for this one. I would suggest having a professional painter try to create a match you could use in a touch-up form. My 2 cents, try to clean your paint with a good matte detailer from Adam's Polishes or Chemical Guys. This can be used after you let it dry or in place of water and soap if your bike isn't very dirty. The water spots are due to the chemical balance of your water being too hard, common for a lot of people.

Also, Ride Wrap and Invisiframe have matte frame savers you can use on your bike to help protect it. Check em out!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts