Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using and abusing my 2020 fuel. I have a handful of nicks in the paint. 3 of them are significant. Does anybody know of any nail polish that matches the Miami Green, and/or the Teal? Thanks in advance.

·
Community Manager at Trek
417 Posts
I've been using and abusing my 2020 fuel. I have a handful of nicks in the paint. 3 of them are significant. Does anybody know of any nail polish that matches the Miami Green, and/or the Teal? Thanks in advance.
While I'm no nail polish pro, I can tell you the Pantone codes for the Miami Green which is PMS 3252 and Teal which is PMS 7714.

That should help with locating a matching paint or having a touch-up pen created!

02/2021 UPDATE: Paint code list is here --> Paintmatch for trek colors <--

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can you tell me the PMS color or paint code for the flat olive green on the Full Stache

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
[email protected]

Could these colours be posted in the Tech section of the dealer site with all the other bike info on part #'s and alternates.

A big job (I know) but I know it would be a massive value-add to retailers when we're trying to help customers who've scratched their bike and want a paint touch up.

·
Community Manager at Trek
417 Posts
[email protected]

Could these colours be posted in the Tech section of the dealer site with all the other bike info on part #'s and alternates.

A big job (I know) but I know it would be a massive value-add to retailers when we're trying to help customers who've scratched their bike and want a paint touch up.
I could make the request, but they don't even update us so we have to constantly reach out to request the paint codes.

The problem with a lot of these are that the Pantone code is really only your base. It isn't a true match but it can help a professional mix a match knowing what the primary color is.

·
Registered
559 Posts
For any of you guys running out to get a Pantone color matched, here's some advice from a guy that sells paint for a living.

1. Most house paint stores, do not have a Pantone deck to match too. If they did, most of the time house paint pigments are not clear enough to get a goood match on Pantone Colors. Then the smallest amount of paint you buy will be a quart.

2. Automotive Paint dealers can usally match Pantone Colors. But that paint can run $75 for a pint.

Just FYI before y'all run out to buy paint.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Mitch
What are the pantone colors for the 2020 Remedy 8? Teal PMS 7714? Volt PMS 382?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
For any of you guys running out to get a Pantone color matched, here's some advice from a guy that sells paint for a living.

1. Most house paint stores, do not have a Pantone deck to match too. If they did, most of the time house paint pigments are not clear enough to get a goood match on Pantone Colors. Then the smallest amount of paint you buy will be a quart.

2. Automotive Paint dealers can usally match Pantone Colors. But that paint can run $75 for a pint.

Just FYI before y'all run out to buy paint.
The Maaco around me will mix paint for $25 for 4 oz. Still not cheap, but better than a pint you'll never use.

·
Super Moderator
4,312 Posts
I could make the request, but they don't even update us so we have to constantly reach out to request the paint codes.

The problem with a lot of these are that the Pantone code is really only your base. It isn't a true match but it can help a professional mix a match knowing what the primary color is.
Thanks !! Knowing the primary base is still a start. We see a lot of requests for touch up paint and while that isn't an option (wish it was ;) ) being able to tell them the base colour would still be a step up from "we don't know and can only recommend checking out nail polish colours at your local store".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roscoe 7 alhoa green and battle ship blue

Hey Mitch please help me brother I scratched my wife’s Roscoe alhoa green/battle ship blue. Can you get me the codes please ?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi Mitch
My son has just bought the bike below second hand but it has quite a lot of damage. Any advice for colour matching trying to get a touch up on the grey and the black?

Thank you

2019 Trek Marlin 7 Mountain Bike in Grey

1 - 20 of 68 Posts