Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No problems. I get what mack_turtle is saying. I’ve just been unbelievably bored the past couple weeks surrounded with every component for my bike, but no frame yet to put it on. Simply overthinking things. If paint is gonna chip and wear after a couple rides, then it doesn’t sound like it’s worth my hassle. Although they woulda looked siiiiick with a matching Vespa flag flying high!

·
Professional Crastinator
6,202 Posts
I think I’ll paint my chain too. Gold = faster
Paint your fork stanchions and tires and post pics.
I had a chrome Huffy Pro Thunder when I was ~12. Sure, it was a Huffy, but it looked very cool, with red Tuff Wheels, red tires, custom red fork, red ano chainring, chrome cranks, chrome bars...
When I got too big for it I thought I would be nice and give it to the little kid down the street.

He painted the entire bike with silver spray paint. Silver tires. Silver chain.
Silver seat. Silver Tuff Wheels. Silver pads. Silver pedals. Silver fork....

I was like "Eff generosity!" for awhile after that.

-F

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I had a chrome Huffy Pro Thunder when I was ~12. Sure, it was a Huffy, but it looked very cool, with red Tuff Wheels, red tires, custom red fork, red ano chainring, chrome cranks, chrome bars...
When I got too big for it I thought I would be nice and give it to the little kid down the street.

He painted the entire bike with silver spray paint. Silver tires. Silver chain.
Silver seat. Silver Tuff Wheels. Silver pads. Silver pedals. Silver fork....

I was like "Eff generosity!" for awhile after that.

-F
I hope the spray paint melted off onto his clothes 😂

·
Pro Crastinator
11,568 Posts
damn.The ones on there right now are black; do you think the same will happen with these? I know this is kind of ridiculous, but I’ve put an awful lot into this build and want it to be as perfectly “mine” as possible
lolz, have you even ever looked at pedals? no pins ever stay colored. hell, even after just a little while, almost half of your pedals won't be black anymore. unless you never actually ride it..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts