Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that GIANT seems to have put very little paint on their new Trance frames and I suffered several areas rubbbed off I was contemplating re-painting my new (2 months old, actually riden over 6 weeks of that time and 714+ miles) Trance3 frame. Does this void the warranty? I would assume so, if not I'm thinking Candy Apple Red. Any thoughts?

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
LyNx said:
Being that GIANT seems to have put very little paint on their new Trance frames and I suffered several areas rubbbed off I was contemplating re-painting my new (2 months old, actually riden over 6 weeks of that time and 714+ miles) Trance3 frame. Does this void the warranty? I would assume so, if not I'm thinking Candy Apple Red. Any thoughts?
I'd contact them first to see what they would say.
Otherwise lets see the paintjob when its done :) Or why not just get it powdercoated candy red?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trance Frame Painting

I have just stripped a Trance 05 frame down and sent it out for painting before a complete re-build. Don't like the light grey colur, shall show the results.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I really do like the gray colour of mine (or silver). Look forward to painting it (or just polishing) one day but not in the near future (Husband says no because it voids warranty). Only a year old now so wait a bit longer.

What colour did you decide on?

·
Registered
520 Posts
after i get some braise on cable guides and JB weld them on, the Reign 05 is going in for a 2pac job. a 30% lexicon white will be the go with a nice set of black decals for good measure.

G

·
Registered
7 Posts
Painting a TRANCE

I have gone for a bright Red/Burgundy colour. It looks great. Should be ready for photos within a week, shall post then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ha ha, I was kind of guessing that it was probably red! Mainly thought that because it's a colour I would not have chosen myself, having had a red specialized previously.

Look forward to seeing it.
If I ever paint mine it would be something boring like plain polished aluminium or matt black with no decals. Always did like the silver and the trance decal it came with. (Aussie '06 model).

Pitto - you're finding the new cable routing works well then? I ended up changing mine after the derailleur cable rubbed through the paint on the seat tube and particularly after I got new brakes and they started bowing out. It's kind of a cross between what you did and the old routing - it's attatcehd to the shock bracket but then has a nice curve and up to the top guides near the steer tube. Taped the brake & derailleur cable together where the shock area is so they don't cross over or rub together. Seems good so far.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks very, very nice :thumbsup: I had considered red as a colour if I ever re-painted the Trance and I'm glad to see it looks sharp in it.
47Bruce_47 said:
Here it is, have replaced nearly everyting, goes and looks really good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dude, for me...I'd paint a trance fram a light iguana green....that'd be crazy!! I can see it now.
I have a ruby red NRS and want a Trance so bad, and for it to be Green!!

·
I ride bikes
229 Posts
mtb_tico said:
Dude, for me...I'd paint a trance fram a light iguana green....that'd be crazy!! I can see it now.
I have a ruby red NRS and want a Trance so bad, and for it to be Green!!
Look up a 2006 Trance W. It's the women's model but comes in an interesting light green color to get an idea what it would look like.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah man....green looks cool, but i'd go slightly darker than the Trance W.
Wow, i didn't even know that model existed!!
Thanx.

·
Registered
520 Posts
mtbhermit said:
Ha ha, I was kind of guessing that it was probably red! Mainly thought that because it's a colour I would not have chosen myself, having had a red specialized previously.

Look forward to seeing it.
If I ever paint mine it would be something boring like plain polished aluminium or matt black with no decals. Always did like the silver and the trance decal it came with. (Aussie '06 model).

Pitto - you're finding the new cable routing works well then? I ended up changing mine after the derailleur cable rubbed through the paint on the seat tube and particularly after I got new brakes and they started bowing out. It's kind of a cross between what you did and the old routing - it's attatcehd to the shock bracket but then has a nice curve and up to the top guides near the steer tube. Taped the brake & derailleur cable together where the shock area is so they don't cross over or rub together. Seems good so far.
yup, loving the cable re route. just need to make it permanent with braize on cable mounts.

the red trance looks great, some silver trance decals/stickers will look awsome.

G

1 - 15 of 15 Posts