Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas about stripping paint off a blue frame?

Blue is killiing me, I like it ,but all 3 yetis in the garage are turquoise and thats just, well, feeling kinda blue about it and want to try something to fix it. All the good deals were blue so here we are.

I've used paint stripper many times, it works well, only question is will it damage the resins used in the carbon layup??? Any idea if the c/series will look blemmed vs the raw factory finish? planning to strip and sand clean.
How about a raw front with a blue rear? just thinking out loud.

cheers

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm curious about Carbo-lift.
http://www.paintlifting.com

And does the bare carbon require some kind of UV protectant afterwards.

Curiously, a shop had posted up a bare SB150 on Vital's Bike Builds earlier in the year, had olive colour decals on it, looked rad, but it was only up for a few days and then mysteriously taken down. I wonder if Yeti had requested them not to show it to discourage this activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Turns right, slides left
737 Posts
Anyone have any ideas about stripping paint off a blue frame?

Blue is killiing me, I like it ,but all 3 yetis in the garage are turquoise and thats just, well, feeling kinda blue about it and want to try something to fix it. All the good deals were blue so here we are.

I've used paint stripper many times, it works well, only question is will it damage the resins used in the carbon layup??? Any idea if the c/series will look blemmed vs the raw factory finish? planning to strip and sand clean.
How about a raw front with a blue rear? just thinking out loud.

cheers
First things first- If you do this, any warrantee is toast.

Unless you have years of experience painting, DO NOT try this at home! If you must change the color, have a pro paint it. A professional strip, prime, paint and clear coat will cost as much as a new frame....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.