Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I have this happening around the mech hanger on my Nickel's rear triangle but it's barely noticeable. Although I've let SC know about it, I'm undecided about whether or not to send it back yet...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same thing happened on my Gloss Raw Tallboy pretty quickly. Willie handled it super quick, only about 2.5 weeks between sending out and coming back.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Probably a stupid question, was the bike kept inside? I bought a white Butcher frame in June 2010, and I'm not seeing any paint cracking on my frame anywhere. I keep my bike inside at all times, except when I'm riding it. I live in the high desert where it gets up to 112 degrees or more in the summer, and I can see the sun damaging the powder-coat, if left outside pretty quick. I wonder how many white frames SC made?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Paint crack on Sc Nomad

A case similar to an Italian customer was denied warranty by Santacruz because the bike had more than one year. The frame is guaranteed for 2 years and the paint only one ..... The Italian distributor has offered 100 euro (133 usd) for repainting but the total cost( in italy..) including disassembly, reassembly of the bike and the new adhesive is at least twice.......

·
I wreck alot
243 Posts
Was this bike painted or powder coated originally? I've read the term 'painted' and 'power coated' in this thread. I just stripped a SC Chameleon and the powder coat was the toughest I've ever had to strip (and Ive stripped a ton of auto parts that were PC).

Bike looks awesome!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've had my white Butcher since July of 2010. I just passed the 5,000 mile mark a month ago. The little bit of paint cracking or maybe it's the clear coat cracking, doesn't bother me. My bike is ridden daily on desert trail or desert roads only, it's an amazing bike. Pivots, bolt and bearings are all good. My bike will outlive me probably.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts