Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
i wear armor cus I suk
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling the need to move to 29... I had so much fun building and riding my full XTR NOMAD C. 25.5 lbs of bliss. Like losing an old friend.

·
Ride what you like!
1,085 Posts
It might "just be an object", but it is an object that brings you bliss. Keep the 26er. Save it as a back up bike. Who knows, you might actually prefer the old steed, or in 2 years, the industry might declare 29ers obsolete and push us all back on to bikes that manouver rather than steamroll.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
It might "just be an object", but it is an object that brings you bliss. Keep the 26er. Save it as a back up bike. Who knows, you might actually prefer the old steed, or in 2 years, the industry might declare 29ers obsolete and push us all back on to bikes that manouver rather than steamroll.
I get it. Try walking away from an F-16N! It's still just an object. I have my old 26er and my old 27.5. You'll never ride them again, but at least you'll have a backup for visitors.

·
Ride what you like!
1,085 Posts
I think I'd like to try walking towards the F16 first! Maybe walk up the ladder, take a seat...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm thinking of turning the Joker into a mullet-bike. I just need to find out if I can
get a Lyric in 170 mm that has a straight 1-1/8" steerer tube.
Presto! a Joker Supreme.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
What else are mountain bikes for other than having fun? If you have more fun on 29 then sell the nomad so someone else can enjoy it. I personally don't find burn outs on my butthole fun so no 29'ers for me.

I loved my nomad2 too. Not sure how you got yours down to 25.5lbs. Must have had very light tires, wheels and fork. My lightest build was 30 when I had enve AM's, xx1, sixc cranks/bars. Tires always kept it from dropping into the 20's. I have a nomad3 now that isn't as high quality as the 2. Still a nice frame, but the first carbon nomad's and v10's are probably the best carbon frames ever made in regards to quality.

·
i wear armor cus I suk
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What else are mountain bikes for other than having fun? If you have more fun on 29 then sell the nomad so someone else can enjoy it. I personally don't find burn outs on my butthole fun so no 29'ers for me.

I loved my nomad2 too. Not sure how you got yours down to 25.5lbs. Must have had very light tires, wheels and fork. My lightest build was 30 when I had enve AM's, xx1, sixc cranks/bars. Tires always kept it from dropping into the 20's. I have a nomad3 now that isn't as high quality as the 2. Still a nice frame, but the first carbon nomad's and v10's are probably the best carbon frames ever made in regards to quality.
Idk on weight. Carbon frame. Full xtr top to bottom. Richey carbon seatpost. Easton carbon bar. Talas 34. Factory fox shock, Easton haven carbon wheels and hubs; pretty much does it. It is quick.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Im looking at a pivot. My constantly upgraded old heckler will be the backup and it is the perfect size for my son, who is 17. Will get him off my old hardtail. Maybe I can actually get him out to ride now.

Sounds like a great build. I'd keep it if finances and space allow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.