Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MTBR Ad Here (More pictures on Ad) - Retro White Industries - Mavic Wheelset - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Retro White Industries - Mavic 26" Wheels 32H hubs 8/9 speed.
Not sure which Mavic rims as stickers are removed. I believe they are 221 or 222 Mavics. They are steel grey as shown here on this Mavic Rim finishes page...
http://www.tearsforgears.com/2011/06...-finishes.html

History of wheels - Purchased used in 1999, so not sure of prior history. My buddy worked for Yeti when they were still in Durango. I purchased these from another friend of his that worked with him at Yeti. The front wheel had a broken spoke thus requiring the rebuild I had done in Norcal. These ended up going on my brother's bike for a very short time and not being ridden much at all.

Both hubs spin smoothly with no play. Front hub does feel a tad "dry" however.
I threw both wheels on my Park truing stand and they both spin pretty darn true. There are a few nicks on the upper rim surface on the rear wheel.

Rear Wheel/Rim - laced with DT spokes. Appear to be straight gauge. Not sure on nipples but assume brass. There are a few nicks on the upper rim surface. Please see attached pictures

Front wheel/rim - I had this wheel rebuilt long ago at Mike's Bikes or Wheelsmiths in Menlo Park, CA. I can't find the receipt but they were rebuilt with Wheelsmith butted spokes. Can't recall the nipples but once again I think brass nipples on this one as well

$195 OBO

Paypal payment preferred
Shipping - Will only charge buyer whatever UPS or USPS charges me. No more no less
International Buyers - Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.

**Please email me at [email protected] for any questions, etc**

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.