Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um... deleted the link, couldn't delete the entire thread. I am not sure if posting an mtbr classified is taboo. Looked at the stickies and couldn't find a solid yes-no answer. Delete this if I am out of line.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
sfgirlonbike said:
hmmm..heh. yeah, sorry. the Ritchey one.

Sigh. Always look like a **** around FB. ;)
haha. no worries. I personally like the 80s Bridgestones. That's when Grant was cutting edge with his 32 spoke Bontrager rims, drop bars, bar con shifters, steep geometry, short stays, Koski forks etc.. In 91 or so his bikes became retro grouch rigs and were no longer pushing things forward but backward. That's the thing, all the cool bikes back in the day were really cutting edge. Lots of people now don't see or realize that about these old clunky rigid bikes I don't think. Sorry, Im digressing.

Read the 87 or 88 Bridgestone catalog (the one with the talk about WTB's drop bars and Keith's cut-down rims on sheldon brown's site. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is the one the Rivendell types go after, yes. I guess the mid-90's bikes were pushing things backwards in a sense, but I rode that MB-1 for a year, and whatever direction it was going technologically, it was a damned smooth ride.

·
Registered
566 Posts
This is making me want an MB1! Right before Xmas I spied an early 90's model sitting outside of a library in desperate need of a new owner. If I see it again I maybe just have to tape a note offering a few pennies for it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.