Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rhino
567 Posts
IRD Fire XC

If you hunting for an aggressive tire try the IRD Fire XC 650b. They don't seem to get much thread time around here, but I think they are a great tire. Not as cheap as the WTB Wolvs.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. How are the sidewalls? I ride in a rocky area and sidewall cuts/abrasion are a problem. Of the tires I've used (Neo-moto, nevegal, wolverine) the Nevegals seem to hold up the best.

·
Rhino
567 Posts
Frs1661 said:
Thanks for the suggestion. How are the sidewalls? I ride in a rocky area and sidewall cuts/abrasion are a problem. Of the tires I've used (Neo-moto, nevegal, wolverine) the Nevegals seem to hold up the best.
I ride in Arizona. It doesn't get any rockier or nastier. No problems with the IRD's. Only sidewall issues I have are with race tires - Specialized and Maxxis.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some rock gardens, some hard pack, some loose over hard pack. I find the wolverine a bit lacking in braking traction. On techy climbs it's OK, but not great. However, it rolls something fantastic on hard pack and fire roads. I'll wear out the one I have mounted currently, but overall I find I prefer something more aggressive. Hopefully my inverse is out there somewhere and a trade can make us both happy :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.