Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
How are you supossed to ride it if it has no pedals?

Great bike, I loved the fork. You might want to change the seat if you're going to actually use it.:p

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Garlock said:
How are you supossed to ride it if it has no pedals?

Great bike, I loved the fork. You might want to change the seat if you're going to actually use it.:p
I'd recommend just zip tying your feet to the crank arms through the pedal holes. Much cheaper than most pedals.

The Nova seat is actually pretty comfy if you like doing long climbs while seated, the extra padding on the nose is a benefit.

·
Registered
464 Posts
rockyuphill said:
I'd recommend just zip tying your feet to the crank arms through the pedal holes. Much cheaper than most pedals.
Rocky you could be on to a winner there. :D ;)
Kinda like those straps (without the cages) that they had on flat pedals years ago, can't remember what they were called..
Sorry for hijacking the thread, very nice Vertex by the way :thumbsup:

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You're thinking of Power Grips... That would be more reusable... :thumbsup: and still cheaper than pedals.

Right up until I bought my 2007 Vertex Team, this was my favourite bike. And then in the scandium frame I found my bicycle soul mate. :skep: :D So it is time to set this Vertex free and make that connection for someone else.

Attachments

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm thinking a carbon Altitude is in my future. Maybe a carbon Vertex Team if I really don't want to make any retirement contribution next year. :D :skep:

·
Registered
464 Posts
rockyuphill said:
You're thinking of Power Grips...
Yep, they're the fellas.

rockyuphill said:
Well I'm thinking a carbon Altitude is in my future. Maybe a carbon Vertex Team if I really don't want to make any retirement contribution next year
That's a serious case of Rocky-mountainitis you have there. The best cure is to add more to the collection.:p

rockyuphill said:
So it is time to set this Vertex free and make that connection for someone else.
By the looks of it, someone's going to get a great bike that belies its age :cool:

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DGB said:
By the looks of it, someone's going to get a great bike that belies its age :cool:
The frame is in terrific shape, it has that groovy holo-black paint. There's two decals that weren't under clear coat that are cracked, other than that the frame is immaculate. It's had clear protector patches where the cables might rub from day one. The clear coat on the downtube feels a bit rough where it's been peppered with stuff of the front tire but there's no chips through to the colour coat.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
DGB said:
That's a serious case of Rocky-mountainitis you have there. The best cure is to add more to the collection.:p
I second that motion.

I was considering this as my 10th RM but I can't get passed the comment about the appreciation of the extra padding on the nose of that seat. A mental picture is sometimes hard to remove from the mind.:(

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bagpipes said:
I second that motion.

I was considering this as my 10th RM but I can't get passed the comment about the appreciation of the extra padding on the nose of that seat. A mental picture is sometimes hard to remove from the mind.:(
I could sell it to you without the saddle but that has even worse mental imagery... :skep: :thumbsup:

The nose of the saddle has an extra 3/8" of gel padding in it, the balance of the saddle shape is the same as the Selle Italia SLR XP. It's intended as a triathalon saddle so you could ride it in your Speedos but it works quite nice for mountain use on climbs (and no, I have never worn a pair of Speedos while riding this saddle). :p

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.