Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pah Leeeze Sign the Petition for a California "Share the Road" License Plate

I Saw this on RBR:

Sign the petition communicating with our state politicians and Department of Motor Vehicles to create a "Share the Road" license plate frame in California, such as the one that has been proposed in the state of Colorado. Shown at: http://www.bicyclecolorado.org/

Sign the petition here, only takes a few seconds, pah leeze do it now!
I'm #2121.

jps

>>> http://www.petitiononline.com/str1234/petition.html <<<

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Unfortunately, it's no good :(

I signed this online earlier in the week, and then I learned that it won't do much good.

From what I've read on other chat boards, according to CA law, the sponoring organization needs to be a 501(c) in order to administer the funds derived from the license plate sales. There's other stipulations as well.

Unfortunately, The Orange County Wheelmen, aren't a 501(c) and only learned about this law after putting out this petition.

So... very good idea, but more homework needs to be done to make this a reality.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still wear 501's. Does that count?

Brah said:
From what I've read on other chat boards, according to CA law, the sponoring organization needs to be a 501)...Unfortunately, The Orange County Wheelmen, aren't a 501(c)...

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
not signing and will never put that lisence frame or anything advocating sharing the road with cyclists on my car UNTIL cyclists pay some sort of yearly registration to use the road just like every other VEHICLE does. If i have to pay for tags on my BOAT TRAILER then so should cyclists.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Melt said:
not signing and will never put that lisence frame or anything advocating sharing the road with cyclists on my car UNTIL cyclists pay some sort of yearly registration to use the road just like every other VEHICLE does. If i have to pay for tags on my BOAT TRAILER then so should cyclists.
I would be more than happy to pay extra fees if it's ok to 'take the lane' instead of riding on through all the debris inconsiderate motorist toss out or fall off their vehicles that flatten bike tires.

Come to think of it, I'd pay double to be able to bike commute and look around instead of fixating on the edge of a nonexistant shoulder to stay out of the way of a distracted or impaired motorist.

I'll pay and and I want my lane or it's equivalent.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So cyclist shouldn't be on the road? How about pedestrians. Should they pay some sort of registration fee to walk on a road?

Please explain this idea to me.

I thought you had grown up a bit. But apparently you're still a little boy.

jps

Melt said:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Melt said:
haha. clueless.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
Melt said:
*Pulls out the popcorn and waits for the fun to start*

ps, I'll sign after I get off of work today

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Last time I checked Bicyclists and Pedestrians did not burn gasoline or spew anything out of their tailpipe. Unlike the car many of us drive.

I for one do get frustrated with cyclists sometimes on the road, then try to remind myself that I am in that same situation many of times, and to practice patience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So what about the bikers who say share the road and don't ..... nor do they stop at the stop signs....and expect me to slam on my brakes, then get mad at me..

:nono:

edit: I'm 2264 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
But there's no need to petition

In fact, the petition is meaningless.

All you need to do is follow the instructions: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5060.htm

5060. (a) An organization may apply to the department for participation in a special interest license plate program and the department shall issue special license plates for that program if the issuance of those plates is required by this article, the sponsoring organization complies with the requirements of this section,

And then you need 7500 people to actually order the license plates before they can be issued.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.