Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bigger is better!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give me a pretty accurate number on the distance from the top of the toptube to the top of the seattube? reason i'm interested is that the 22" of seattube on the XL monkey is only measured to the top of the toptube, and i would like to compare the full length of the seattube to my 26er...

thanks a bunch in advance :)

·
voodoo child
63 Posts
One-and-five-eighths-inches

My XL Monkey has another 1 5/8" of seat-tube showing above the top-tube (with the seat collar removed). Total measurement of BB to top of seat-tube mast is 23 5/8".

The frame is soon to appear in an MTBR classified ad near you.

·
Bigger is better!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pauly said:
My XL Monkey has another 1 5/8" of seat-tube showing above the top-tube (with the seat collar removed). Total measurement of BB to top of seat-tube mast is 23 5/8".

The frame is soon to appear in an MTBR classified ad near you.
thanks! just the number i needed :)

woohoo! 100 posts!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
I still think the bike's too small for you, even if thanks to a road-bike like seat tube, you would find a seatpost to work on it for you. It would fit you as a crossbike maybe, but not as a mountainbike. So use a road-style handlebar and don't expect mountain-esque performances from the frame which is a more than a full size too small for you.

Unasked advice, sorry, but I have a thing for giant bears trying to fit tiny tricycles. The fact that it has 29" wheels becomes so irrelevant if the frame isn't the right size for the intended use. It's the larget cross frame in the world and will suit you fine, but don't call it a fitting mountainbike.

On topic, I call my KM XL a 60cm frame.

·
Bigger is better!
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cloxxki said:
Unasked advice, sorry, but I have a thing for giant bears trying to fit tiny tricycles. The fact that it has 29" wheels becomes so irrelevant if the frame isn't the right size for the intended use. It's the larget cross frame in the world and will suit you fine, but don't call it a fitting mountainbike.
i'm happy for all the advice i get :)

reason the KM intrigues me:
1. less than half the price of a custom
2. no waiting time
3. last but not least: it is a tad bigger than my current 26er.. i'm not saying it will be an ideal fit, but at least a _little_ better fit than my current, with the big wheels as a bonus. BUT: points 1 and 2 aside - the only reasonable thing to do is to go custom i guess.

my main "handicap" regarding getting a bigger bike is that i don't know what a bigger bike feels like, and therefore i am living under the assumption that my 26er "fits" me. which it probably doesn't by a long shot.. :( it certainly doesn't look right though..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.