Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that post in Passion about the ride you did in Sonora. Whats the info on that one? Im going to be at a friends cabin for a few days in Cold Springs in a couple weeks and it would be cool to hit that on the way there. I really don't know the area very well at all. Or is it a "secret"? ;)

thanks

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
Was it recently? It's probablly glory hole, wich is near Angel's Camp. If the snow is finally going away, go for Pinball trail near lyon's dam.

george

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
New Melones aka Glory Hole

Map, directions and a million photos and ride reports about it on my site. I was there Wednesday and the wildflowers were even more spectacular. It's about 4 miles south of Angels Camp on Hwy 49. Don't worry if it has been raining, or even if it is raining. It holds up very well. Start from lower parking lot, go out Frontier to the end, do Angels Creek clockwise, go do Buckbrush counterclockwise. Repeat these two loops a few times, go back via Frontier and go up and then down the switchbacks of the Tower Climb. Not a difficult trail system but very fast roller-coaster, and this time of the year very beautiful.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,020 Posts
New Melones Res (AKA Glory Hole Rec area)

Wherewolf said:
Map, directions and a million photos and ride reports about it on my site. I was there Wednesday and the wildflowers were even more spectacular. It's about 4 miles south of Angels Camp on Hwy 49. Don't worry if it has been raining, or even if it is raining. It holds up very well. Start from lower parking lot, go out Frontier to the end, do Angels Creek clockwise, go do Buckbrush counterclockwise. Repeat these two loops a few times, go back via Frontier and go up and then down the switchbacks of the Tower Climb. Not a difficult trail system but very fast roller-coaster, and this time of the year very beautiful.
Excellent ride year round, but right now the weeds on the side of the trail are really making the trail skinny. There is a group ride every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6:00 PM, meets in the parking lot at the bottom of the hill. I am usually there on Thursdays. Since we get the extra hour of daylight you don't even need a light :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect

Wherewolf said:
thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.