Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was hoping that you guys could measure the headtube length of your frames for me.

Oh, can you also measure the distance from the top of the seat collar down to the top of the top-tube (not the angular tube; this is to figure how low the top tube is for standover)?

I'm plugging the sizing specs into the bike comparator spreadsheet that Clary made a while back, and I've been ball parking some of the missing numbers. It's really quite handy for comparing bike sizes and stem lengths, etc. There's a bit of a learning curve, but after that it's not too bad to work with. There are cheater notes on most of the cells to guide you along.

I'm really liking the looks of the MKIII with a 150mm fork! Just a touch slacker headangle than my XCE, but not quite as slack as a 5-spot with a 130mm fork.

Thanks guys!!!

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I love the Iron Horse Forum! You rule- thank you:)

Speedub.Nate said:
Funny, that. I just so happen to have a large frame sitting here.

HT length is 4-9/16".

ST to TT: 5-1/4" (Ok, that measurement is just plain bizzare -- but I understand how he's using it.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.