Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Turtle! I'm a little worried about ya. Either you have finally satisfied that interminable UGI via the Pack and Fox 36 and need no further product info, or something ugly is keeping you off the forum. :confused:

You OK? BTW, check your PM.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
UGI No More

mtnbikerx said:
Hey Turtle! I'm a little worried about ya. Either you have finally satisfied that interminable UGI via the Pack and Fox 36 and need no further product info, or something ugly is keeping you off the forum.

You OK? BTW, check your PM.
I was debating on whether to say something or not, but since you asked. I made the final change to my 6-Pack the other day-I picked up set of FSA DH Riser bars. I saw a set on my friend's VP Free and knew I just had to have em-they're awesome. So that's it for me-I don't need to change another thing on my bike-it's better than I ever expected.

I never dreamed I'd be riding the 6-Pack on the same trails as my Spot-I didn't think I had the pedal power; WRONG! The 6-Pack goes up just about anything I ride-I only have to push because of my lack of skill-not because of the bike. I can't tell you how happy I am with this bike-it's turned out to be the best ever-exactly what I wanted-now that's really saying something and I have to say you told me so.

We rode at a local place a couple weeks ago and it was like an adventure-I mean it was a tough ride; steep ups, downs, tight/twisty trails and deep puddles, roots and plenty of rocks-it was real grind. My three friends were riding XC bikes and I kept up well enough. The DH sections were a different story-it was their turn to keep up.

The only things I can see changing on my bike are tires and maybe a saddle when mine gives up the ghost. I think I'm cured forever-no more UGI for me; I've turned over a new leaf. ;)
turtle

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Turtle, don't you know UGI can never be cured? You're simply recovering.
Squeak speaks the turth T, have you looked into that TI rear spring? How about the fact that the Pack is already history, yes, just one year and its now gone. Well, only in name.
How about those new 160mm Fox vanilla 20's? Or I wonder if the new DHX Air will work with the Pack for the long DH runs, (Squeak, speak to your secret sources about that one) anyway, Turtle, dont pull that candle under your chin away just yet! LOL's

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
drumstix said:
Squeak speaks the turth T, have you looked into that TI rear spring? How about the fact that the Pack is already history, yes, just one year and its now gone. Well, only in name.
How about those new 160mm Fox vanilla 20's? Or I wonder if the new DHX Air will work with the Pack for the long DH runs, (Squeak, speak to your secret sources about that one) anyway, Turtle, dont pull that candle under your chin away just yet! LOL's
What Ti Spring for the DHX-I haven't see one yet; it's a good thing there aren't any-or I might have relapsed-I mean slipped. Is it ok to just think about new stuff and not buy it-like those Dangerboy levers? no no no, that stuff is not for me-I'm cured this time for real :D

I'm not sure what it means when they say they're changing the name of the Pack-are they offering 5-6 inch rockers too? :confused:
turtle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.