Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I think I've been pushed to the point of breaking.

Can we get a FAQ or some kind of sticky on the right hand side of page with trail info for AZ visitors? The "where should I ride in xxxxx?" questions come up often enough that we should be able to point somebody in that direction for the latest trail info.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
My suggestion:

We start a sticky thread that has ONLY ride resources. No commentary, no hijacking. I will use a very, very strong pimp hand to enforce this.

If I can find enough "where to ride" threads in our archives, maybe I can merge a bunch of them together into one big thread and delete the commentary/hijacking that seems to inevitably follow.

Anyway, it's a great idea (even though, yes, it does directly compete with book sales) and I'll do what I can to set it up.

p.

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
How about a thread of places to buy books and what books to buy? With links to amazon or such of where to buy? That way we will be helping the MTB book industry and our newcomers. Perhaps we could use excperts from some of these books to answer specific questions (and cite it).

Just an idea

·
I am Doctor Remulak
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul B said:
My suggestion:

We start a sticky thread that has ONLY ride resources. No commentary, no hijacking. I will use a very, very strong pimp hand to enforce this.

If I can find enough "where to ride" threads in our archives, maybe I can merge a bunch of them together into one big thread and delete the commentary/hijacking that seems to inevitably follow.

Anyway, it's a great idea (even though, yes, it does directly compete with book sales) and I'll do what I can to set it up.

p.
All good. How about including a link to the AZ books that are available and always get plugged in such threads?

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Paul B said:
p.
No worrys Paul B. I picked one up last week at the book store. I do have a question about the "Hawes trail/Mine loop map" Don't know if this is the place to ask though.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
AZ Mikey said:
And the question is?
The question is: On the Mine loop trail map. What do the black square boxes along the trail line represent? Maybe it is explained somewhere in the book and I havn't found it? Just curious.

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Konapdlr said:
The question is: On the Mine loop trail map. What do the black square boxes along the trail line represent? Maybe it is explained somewhere in the book and I havn't found it? Just curious.
Ah!

The circles mean "easy", boxes mean "intermediate" and diamonds mean "hard". I believe I put a black diamond at the sketchy descent on the back of the mine loop, the one where you dogleg back away from the actual mine shaft. Back in the day, that shaft wasn't marked at all and you stood a pretty good chance of coming into that turn a little hot. Hence the warning.

p.

·
Large wheels & one gear
720 Posts
Paul B said:
Ah!

The circles mean "easy", boxes mean "intermediate" and diamonds mean "hard". I believe I put a black diamond at the sketchy descent on the back of the mine loop, the one where you dogleg back away from the actual mine shaft. Back in the day, that shaft wasn't marked at all and you stood a pretty good chance of coming into that turn a little hot. Hence the warning.

p.
I like that sketchy part of the loop. That is where I get my "perm-a-grin " ! Makes me want to go ride it just thinking of it. Thanks for the explanation Paul B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.