Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the XL lower assembly that came on the very rare SID dual crown (100mm travel) is the same size/compatible with 99-01' SID race lowers? Long shot here...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
rideit said:
Does anyone know if the XL lower assembly that came on the very rare SID dual crown (100mm travel) is the same size/compatible with 99-01' SID race lowers? Long shot here...
If you're refering to the stanchion width I believe Sids have always been 28mm from the very beginning so they should fit in. I don't know if the lower bolt attachments would be the same.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the stanchion width...

They are all 28mm. It is more the overall length of the lower slider, due to the fact that this was an 'XL' SID dual crown...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I don't think the length of the lowers matters. Sids are peculiar in that the lower castings are extremely short to save weight, hence the tons of exposed stanchion typical to them. Even in the ones you're taking about were considerably longer I doubt it would cause any sort of interference and full compression because there is so much room left to spare.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Hecubus!

Is your handle from Kids in the hall, or what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.