Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be old news to you but...

Specialized has reissued the Storm Control!

Well not really. Its called the Storm Pro and it doesn't really resemble the Storm Control at all. :mad: It's actually almost an exact copy of the discontinued Extreme Control 1.7...and they are passing it off as a new model lol. Well at least it is tubeless, which is new compared to the old model. Kinda lame if you ask me. I wish they would just remake the old tires. :rolleyes: Maybe make them all black instead of skinwalls and a huge SPECIALIZED on the sidewall to appeal to the newer generation, but with the old tread patterns we loved. Storm Control, Ground Control, Hardpack, etc.

Anyway, here is it....

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=13168

Attachments

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I did see that. They are also using dual compound rubber for better grip.

It is the same tread as the Extreme Control (I have a pair of Extreme Control/Master S beside me as I type). Not a bad choice. I like the Strom Control better though it weighs 50% more.

It would be nice to see some of the old designs reissued. I would prefer the natural color skinwalls for the "retro" bikes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Now I need to go see if my original Storm Controls are still any good, then put them on the SS.

Hey Shiggy...I always wanted Specialized's Cannibal tires from about that same era. Not sure why.
Anyhow...any feedback on how the Cannibal performed?
I doubt I missed out on anything. I wish I HAD missed out on the Tioga Farmer Johns and Pshcyos.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shiggy said:
It would be nice to see some of the old designs reissued. I would prefer the natural color skinwalls for the "retro" bikes.
Me too, but for some reason I think Specialized would only do it in all black. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kronk said:
Now I need to go see if my original Storm Controls are still any good, then put them on the SS.

Hey Shiggy...I always wanted Specialized's Cannibal tires from about that same era. Not sure why.
Anyhow...any feedback on how the Cannibal performed?
I doubt I missed out on anything. I wish I HAD missed out on the Tioga Farmer Johns and Pshcyos.
I must be the only person in the world, but I actually liked the Psychos. I thought it made a good rear tire for hardpack. Pretty fast rolling and the best rear braking traction I've personally seen for hardpack. Mine was not the original Psycho though, it was a Psycho K which has the same center knobs, I think, but lower profile side knobs, and a Kevlar bead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts