Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Paging Pisgah People: trail conditions?

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  mtnbiker1220 
#1 ·
As of today, trails in SC near Ceasar's Head were still heavily iced. I heard Pisgah actually got less than we did. Anybody got a trail conditions report? I'm planning for Saturday.

Thanks

#5 ·
We just got back from a hike a few minutes ago. Official Bent Creek Report: Very gooey and slippery in the sun, still frozen and icy in the shade. Don't expect the trails to be in good condition by the weekend. The access roads are pretty yucky too.

:(

Edit: Yeah - what he said.

#7 ·
litespeedchick said:
As of today, trails in SC near Ceasar's Head were still heavily iced. I heard Pisgah actually got less than we did. Anybody got a trail conditions report? I'm planning for Saturday.

Thanks
I did a pretty good tour last Saturday and the trails where in great shape for the most part but, then Sunday is rained or snowed.

I see a little snow in the foreground
http://webcam.srs.fs.fed.us/

I doubt anything is worthwhile this weekend, I'm either hiking high in the snow or riding the cyclocross bike on gravel.

#9 ·
So...same question as last week...anyone have a suggestion for a good Saturday ride that would be a) not impassable because of snow and ice and b) not a mud pit. Last week's ride at Bent Creek was a little of both.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.